Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 10:45 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times

Advertisements

16 Marvelous Mexican Restaurants in the Seattle Area

Quote:
Even this far north of the border, Seattle’s Mexican food scene offers a wide range of excellent options, from top-notch carne asada to satisfying enchiladas to rich mole dishes that thrill with sweet, toasty, and spicy flavors. Many of these places serve great tacos, but this is not a taco map...
I'm a fan of Mexican food, so I thought I'd post this here for like-minded foodies. Now all we need is a map for the Bellevue-Redmond area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 12:43 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. All but one are in Seattle, though, plus one in Burien. I work in Seattle and don't ever go back there to eat out, so I'll share our two favorites on the eastside, Tres Hermanos on 85th in Kirkland, and Puerto Vallarta just off 18 in Covington.

https://foursquare.com/v/tres-herman...64a5204c0c20e3

https://puertovallartarestaurantes.c...on-restaurant/

Old 05-04-2023, 02:53 PM

1,824 posts, read 803,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. All but one are in Seattle, though, plus one in Burien. I work in Seattle and don't ever go back there to eat out, so I'll share our two favorites on the eastside, Tres Hermanos on 85th in Kirkland, and Puerto Vallarta just off 18 in Covington.

https://foursquare.com/v/tres-herman...64a5204c0c20e3

https://puertovallartarestaurantes.c...on-restaurant/
Can you suggest any in Issaquah, or along the route back to the Edmonds ferry from Issaquah? I'm still making my pilgrimage to Swedish-Issaquah.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:53 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Bookmarked!!

Old 05-04-2023, 08:24 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Thanks shae! I was in La Conasupo in Greenwood yesterday. Literally in the back of a non descript Mexican grocery store. Cool experience. Try the asada quesadillas, big enough for 2 people. Delicious homemade horchata too.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:00 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Can you suggest any in Issaquah, or along the route back to the Edmonds ferry from Issaquah? I'm still making my pilgrimage to Swedish-Issaquah.
I've spent a lot of time at Swedish Issaquah, in fact I have an MRI there next week.

There was La Casita in Sammamish, in the Pine-Lake QFC strip mall. There food is great, and service is good, but recently had a significant price increase, which is why we looked around for a new place. It's only about 5-10 minutes from Swedish depending on traffic. My favorite, Chile Verde is up to $22, now, while at Tres Hermanos in Kirkland, it's $16.95.

Tres Hermanos is on the way to Edmonds from Issaquah if you go up 405 to 85th, turn right and it's down several blocks. Then go back to 405, and get off at 522 West/Bothell. At Lake Forest Park turn right on 104 Ballinger Way, and stay on that. Eventually it has an exit for the Ferry in Edmonds. La Casita may be easier for you if you don't mind the prices. Check the menu on their website below. There is also Las Margaritas in Issaquah downtown on Front Street, but they are OK, just not as good as these others, and parking can be tricky.

https://www.lacasitasammamish.com/

Old 05-05-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I've spent a lot of time at Swedish Issaquah, in fact I have an MRI there next week.

There was La Casita in Sammamish, in the Pine-Lake QFC strip mall. There food is great, and service is good, but recently had a significant price increase, which is why we looked around for a new place. It's only about 5-10 minutes from Swedish depending on traffic. My favorite, Chile Verde is up to $22, now, while at Tres Hermanos in Kirkland, it's $16.95.

Tres Hermanos is on the way to Edmonds from Issaquah if you go up 405 to 85th, turn right and it's down several blocks. Then go back to 405, and get off at 522 West/Bothell. At Lake Forest Park turn right on 104 Ballinger Way, and stay on that. Eventually it has an exit for the Ferry in Edmonds. La Casita may be easier for you if you don't mind the prices. Check the menu on their website below. There is also Las Margaritas in Issaquah downtown on Front Street, but they are OK, just not as good as these others, and parking can be tricky.

https://www.lacasitasammamish.com/
+1 Thank you so much! Can't rep you yet, but I always appreciate your input. Sometimes I just need a little reward after the long trip for medical care.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:16 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I hang out in Mexico and California a lot so I’m kind of a snob when it comes to Mexican food.
When I open this topic I was a little prejudiced expecting 5 star dining from non Spanish speaking people.
I was pleasantly surprised and am looking forward to eating at some of these places.
Thank you for posting this rj.

On the Pen we have a couple hole in the wall ones that I like.
One is the David Family Taquria located in the parking lot of CoOp Farm and Garden store in Sequim.
They close shop in the winter and head back south I think.
The other one is the Fast Burrito and Taco shop in Port Angeles. I like that it has a drive through.
I like both of them but YMMV.
Over all I’d give them a solid 3.5-4.0 out of 5.
Up here they are a solid 5 and are a blessing because good food is hard to find.

In Victoria the Mexican side of our family had a nice restaurant and now has branched out into micro brewing so there is now some good Mexican beer up there too .

Old 05-09-2023, 07:17 PM

^^^Fast Burrito is a lifesaver, wish they were open on Sundays!

Old 05-09-2023, 07:28 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area