Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 07:31 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,616,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Some parts of North Seattle have heavier crime rates than others. Certainly anything around Aurora north of Greenlake, and especially north of Washelli, up to Shoreline is going to be at least somewhat dicey.

Seattle is just a city. All kinds of things happen in cities, all over the world. Yes, some crimes (especially homicides) are way up in our city recently. Yes, we need better controls on street disorder and drugs. But you also have to use some common sense and live in an area that fits your risk profile. It sounds like you prefer very low risk, which to me says you should try living further out, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Kenwood, Bothell, Woodinville.
Seems odd to me that your solution to all the crime is to just move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 09:35 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,883,739 times
This is what happens when you treat drug addicts with the same respect that you treat regular people.

It's time to flush the toilet we call Seattle.

Old 02-21-2024, 10:31 AM

7,547 posts, read 17,288,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
You got me, I'd prefer that we mow down existing residents and set fire to the urban core. If you don't like it, MOVE!

Old 02-21-2024, 11:34 AM

17,681 posts, read 13,472,195 times
I can't say what I want because my reply should be in P&OC Forum

Only you can do something about your news

Old 05-06-2024, 04:37 PM

30,429 posts, read 52,061,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This is what happens when you treat drug addicts with the same respect that you treat regular people.
Addicts are people too, in case you weren't aware. Yes, "regular people" - as most of us have addictions, some are just more damaging than others. Sugar, social media/phones, cigarettes, vaping, heck even exercise can be addictive. So I respect people who respect me, and sometimes that does include drug addicts. *insert shocked Pikachu face*

Quote:
It's time to flush the toilet we call Seattle.
What exactly does that mean? Like, set fire or flood to the whole city? Sounds like you're part of what needs to be flushed. Have you considered moving? Perhaps you and OP can get a nice place together in Nebraska. lol

Or do you even live in Seattle? Haha, probably not based on your posting history. And hooooo boy is that a lot to unpack; almost thinking it's a satire account.

Old 05-06-2024, 06:26 PM

30,429 posts, read 52,061,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
At the current situation the city of seattle is on its way to becoming the next oakland,california or San Francisco,California. Oakland and San Francisco are unsafe these days.
Not really lol. Certain specific neighborhoods have always had higher crime rates, but the majority of these cities are fine. I've been in the SF/SJ area for most of my life, and lived in a few of the "bad neighborhoods" too - I survived. You're just a bit of a nervous nelly, and probably believing selective news (to put it gently) that make it seem like a war zone. I mean, some folks around the country also believe Seattle & Portland are literally on fire rn.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-06-2024 at 06:53 PM..

Old 05-07-2024, 10:53 PM

15,922 posts, read 6,620,777 times
It's scary that somebody would prefer fentanyl over a Krispy Kreme...

Old 05-08-2024, 07:34 AM

8,186 posts, read 8,349,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's scary that somebody would prefer fentanyl over a Krispy Kreme...
Right there with you shae. I’m old school, I’m going with the doughnuts.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:36 AM

102,277 posts, read 108,342,014 times
OP, you keep making threads about how "scary" this or that neighborhood in Seattle is. I remember your Ballard thread. Most of Ballard, however, is delightful! I wonder why you don't visit the pleasant parts,and only focus on the one or two areas that have homeless.

I'm from Oakland, btw, and I can assure you that it's still full of beautiful neighborhoods that aren't "scary". Same with San Francisco. Have you ever been to those cities? If not, don't let the internet bias you; there's a lot of exaggeration and misinformation on internet forums, not to mention any in particular....

Weren't you going to move to a northern suburb? How are your plans for that coming along? When will your current lease be up?

Old 05-08-2024, 02:03 PM

102,277 posts, read 108,342,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The OP has been planning to move, anyway. The rents have gotten too high where he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area