Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Possible relocation from Sacramento to Seattle, husband wants to move but wife has not visited, seeking advice on moving to Seattle without visiting

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:43 PM

49 posts, read 180,863 times

Advertisements

My wife and I moved from Santa Monica, CA to Denver, CO last year after a 4 day stay. We loved it after the trip and couldn't wait to move. We now have a large house with acres of land that is cheaper than our rent was in SaMo.

Now, we're looking to move Seattle soon. My point being... 4 days, 7 days, doesnt matter, nothing can prepare you for a full time residence other than just living there. The "if it doesnt work in two years were out" idea seems like the best bet to me. good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,774 times
Wilczy -- Why are you leaving Colorado?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,239,602 times
I was so sick of hot humid sultry summers in D.C. filled with haze and bugs. I was also sick of snow, sleet and winters with highs in the 20s and 30's. Also having traveled quite a bit, Sacramento is one city I will never forget. I simply couldn't breathe there. Seattle's weather is one of the best things about this place imo, at least for me.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,100,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Sacramento ... I simply couldn't breathe there..
Golly, how interesting, pwright. I couldn't breathe in Lansing, Michigan -- the air was so thickly humid I could barely take a breath! End of July one year. Right near Lake Michigan. I couldn't imagine how humans, squirrels, sparrows and anyone else could actually survive there!

Like you, I find the Seattle-area climate gentle and easy to live in, and the air easy to breathe. Drizzle, the original air-cleaner

Old 07-24-2008, 12:21 AM

49 posts, read 180,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Wilczy -- Why are you leaving Colorado?
Colorado simply wasn't what we expected it to be. Very small, extremely behind the times tech wise and jobs in the creative field are few and far between. It is a beautiful place and very accessible but we need a lot more culture and an urban setting to enjoy. We were hoping to use denver as a central point to fly in and out to visit friends and family on both the east coast and west coast. But with the airport being so far away and the cost of flights in and out of DIA, that also didnt work out.

And finally, i miss water. living near it, having moisture in the air to grow plants, smelling it and enjoying it. lesson learned, just not our cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: