Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleDreamer View Post
Thanks eskercurve.

I was very fascinated with airplanes when I was a kid. and being the geek that I was in elementary school, I studied aerospace theories a lot. But then, my friend who got PhD in aerospace engineering advised me not to go in his direction, because there's no jobs out there directly involved in aircraft design. So I moved on Mechanical Engineering. Ironically, looks like I'm going to take a long hard look at the aerospace industry after 10+ years since then. I'm sure there are some skills that I currently possess that can be used in the new position. I'm also looking into Sales positions too, though, just to expand my horizon outside of engineering. After all, a lot of my work now involves a lot of sales engineering skills.

Thanks again for the reply.
I wish you good luck in finding a position related to Aerospace! About 10 years ago your friend would have been right - the aerospace industry was in a slump at that point and Boeing was doing massive layoffs.

There are many other companies related to Aerospace though. Lockheed and Northrop Grumman, to name a couple. Then there's all sorts of smaller companies who consult for the bigger firms (and probably better $ there too).

Sales and engineering ... I'm uncertain about that. Boeing has a division entirely devoted to customer service engineering and consulting, called CAS (Commercial Aviation Services). Those guys actually have cool jobs, as they talk to suppliers and customers all over the world. And it likely involves some business and personal skills which typical engineers don't utilize.

Again, good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 759 times
Hi, you are an automotive engineer? Can you email me? isaacbarham@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Isaac

Old 01-02-2011, 11:49 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but Kenworth (truck and engine maker) is based in Renton. And Cummins has a huge facility out here somewhere. CLNE (Clean Energy) is also setting up a foothold somewhere around town.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but Kenworth (truck and engine maker) is based in Renton.
consider Mt Vernon
PACCAR Inc is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. It also provides financial services and information techn

or Portland
Freightliner Trucks

Oregon Iron Works, Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area