Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times

Advertisements

Don't worry, chances are very good you'll get all the rain you can stand in December. Bring your rain gear, chances are it will rain 25 days in December and be cloudy the other 6. If you're lucky there might be a sunny day, sunny winter days around here are even better than the summer. Cold, clear, great views of the glaciers on Rainier, enjoy them when you can.

Take a look here and change to December: Seattle Climate Data - Monthly Summary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 AM

409 posts, read 1,830,607 times
The west coast doesn't get much rain during the summer as a general rule. "Summer" is typically late June/early July through mid-October.

Before things got less predictable you could count on a late September/early October rainstorm to blow through for a day or two after months of dryer weather. That usually meant the party was over within three weeks, at which point it's gray skies and drizzly fog from here on out! I also remember this being something I looked forward to, for what it's worth.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Take a look here and change to December: Seattle Climate Data - Monthly Summary
Wow, that is a lot of detailed weather info. Went back 5 Decembers and had seen enough to convince me that what I think I want I will get without a doubt. Puts that dry 10 day forecast in prospective.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:02 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
compared to California it is not so dry, but compared to the South and the East coast it is very dry
Very true. SF,LA and SD may go 4 or 5 months without a drop.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:48 PM

854 posts, read 4,141,646 times
When we were considering moving here, my first trip to the area was on a long weekend in December. I fully expected to get wet.

It was a cloudy off and on on Friday. It was super-crisp-clear bright-blue-skies on Saturday; we took a ferry trip to the peninsula and got back in time to watch the sunset over the olympics from the ferry on the way back, with seattle in the setting sunlight. I was completely hooked.

The next day it snowed. And that was pretty too. It was just maybe an inch, but it looked so pretty in the evergreens. After it snowed, the sun came out for the afternoon.

You never know. If you're looking for "the worst", you better plan on staying at least two weeks, because you might come for a long weekend and hit one of those bright patches mid-december!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area