Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 PM

300 posts, read 1,211,859 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I know some folks may react negatively to this thread, but please hear me out.

I got a cat years ago before I was married and vowed to myself that I would keep him until he passed away. I've always had a cat growing up, so I was used to having them around and this is not an easy thing for me. He's a shelter cat and has been great to have over the years.

The cat is a good cat, there's nothing wrong with him, but now that vow is running into problems with other vows. My wife is allergic to cats and it's been aggravating her asthma more and more with every passing year (well beyond the point of normal cat allergy solutions being able to control). On top of that, we now have a son who is really allergic to cats (to the point of getting hives when he touches surfaces the cat has been hanging out on, like, say, the floor).

In short, it's not fair to the animal to be in an environment where most of the people in the house can't interact with him in a meaningful way, and I can't continue to put my family through the health effects it's having on them.

Since I'm relatively new to the area I don't really have a huge network of friends to call upon to see if anyone is interested, so I'm posting here. I know there are a lot of animals out there that need a home, and maybe there's someone here who is willing to give ours a more appropriate home.

So, here's the proposal. If there's someone out there looking for a cat (complete with a nice scratching post and automatic litter box), please reply to this thread. He's got all of his shots, is registered in King County, is neutered and healthy. If someone can provide a good home for him, I will donate $150 to help support a cat at a no-kill shelter in the area. I would rather find a new home for him rather than put him in a shelter.

Last edited by obsidian97; 10-02-2009 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM

328 posts, read 839,923 times
First let me say I can see your agony in making this decision and my heart goes out to you. I believe you are truly trying to do the right thing by both your human family and the cat.

I have four cats now and simply can't take on another although if I could, I would be happy to take him in no strings attached. However, I know a lot of good people who may be interested in taking him. I can't make any promises, but I will see what I can do. May I DM you if I'm successful?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:48 AM

300 posts, read 1,211,859 times
Thanks. It's not an easy decision.

Anyone may DM me if they have any thoughts or suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area