Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:29 PM

121 posts, read 338,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It is not nearly as efficient... I've only seen it in a few apartment buildings... it's electric and you can't hang anything from the ceiling that requires making a hole for fear of damaging the cables...

I put in a 3 x 5 section of electric radiant heat when I tiled my Mom's bathroom... she really enjoys it in the winter and it is an indulgence I'm glad she has...

The bathroom is never cold, water drips dry quickly and with the electric towel warmer... she's in heaven. Both circuits on are on timer so there not on 24/7

The bathroom floor was less than $400 for materials...
I'd love radiant heat in my bathroom someday. It's a relatively new floor, but if I'm still here in 15 years or so, it's something I want to upgrade to. I'd be interested in radiant heat throughout, but the small heater fan in my living room works so well as is, any additional heating would be overkill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
When I buy my home, I'm ripping out the American style bathroom and putting in a Japanese style one. Tiled floor, large wash area, and a huge tub you can soak up to your neck in. That, my friend, is awesome. For like 1 minute, then I can't take the heat in the tub and I gotta escape.

My wife can almost sleep in the dang things (the super hot tub of water). We used to have A/C battles all the time. I finally just bought a fan. I get hot. In fact, she says it's like sleeping next to a big heater.

Click link (Strict google) for images of what a japanese style bath might look like.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area