Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:50 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
Maybe I want some bozo looking for my non-existent fake panel in the wall, a buried whatever in the bottom of my septic tank, or inside my dirty laundry and paint cans instead of where I really hide stuff.
I owuld be lad to send em over to your place to trash it out and leave me be...............sounds like a good deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
I don't hide much of nuthin. Be dumb enough to break in here when I am around, which is most of the time, and the loss of any value would be the punk a$$ life of said creep.

I believe in a creep has the Right to Die.

The hard part is guessing when I am not around.

The one time I did have a problem and something to hide was money in cash, and I was headed from one event to another. I earned the money at the first event, and didn't want any money at the 2nd. That was a problem.

So I bought a chocolate milk shake, drank it, rolled the money in clean napkins, wiped out the cup with another, stuffed the cash in the cup placed the gooked napkin on the wad, dumped my ash tray on that, put the lid on and tossed it on the floor with other road trash. Left the truck unlocked.
Went canouing 10 days.. it was there when I got back.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM

548 posts, read 2,097,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

So I bought a chocolate milk shake, drank it, rolled the money in clean napkins, wiped out the cup with another, stuffed the cash in the cup placed the gooked napkin on the wad, dumped my ash tray on that, put the lid on and tossed it on the floor with other road trash. Left the truck unlocked.
Went canouing 10 days.. it was there when I got back.
So that was YOUR unlocked truck I borrowed that time for nine days. Thanks. Glad you didn't notice.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
cute, n' thxs for not looking in the cup.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM

860 posts, read 2,056,595 times
I like where I live. In 40 years I"ve never locked a door, taken the keys out of my truck or the fishing pole from my skiff. I did wake up one 3am morning to see the tail lights of my truck heading up the drive towards town. Cops didn't find it but I did 3 days later, at the ferry terminal with a note of apology and $20 for my trouble.
I doubt I'll hide or lock anything in the future either. If a neighbor needs what I have I'd rather he not have to steal it.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,823 times
Some clever ideas in this video for your "secret stash:"

The Garage Journal » Blog Archive » Secret Stash

Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,947,979 times
Awesome tricks there I loved the tip-out bookcase edge. Plywood is soooo awesome for stuff like this because it already has layers in it so seams aren't as obvious! There are literally thousands of carpentry plans online for making secret stash furniture - from basic to ornate, beginner to expert. And adding a magnetic lock to the hidden catch makes them even more effective.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,947,979 times
Here's another article to get your juices flowing about where and how you can stash stuff A Long-Term Survival Guide - Hidden Storage and Secret Compartments

Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Generally one of the major difficulties of stashing stuff is the sheer volume of the stuff to be stashed. If it's supposed to be supplies to keep you going for months after a SHTF event, then the volume will be fairly huge. Instead of hiding stuff, we've been gearing up for production of stuff - gardening, tools, etc., instead of stocking supplies. Also, if one is producing, then even if the produce is taken more can be made. Of the tools and stuff we have almost all of it is old stuff from garage sales, it isn't stuff which would be high on anyone's theft list until sometime after TSHTF.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:08 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I worked with a guy who was stashing supplies throughout the mountains of PA. Everybody laughed at him at the time but if this country goes to hell he will probably be a survivor.
That's the key to it right there!

Stashing stuff throughout the house or garage or barn or whatever, is asking for someone to inspect the area.

Spread it out a little. Even if they find some of it, you'll still have some left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness