Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:46 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman48 View Post
I don't believe in left leaning snopes. Find another source that is believable.
Since you're asserting they have the right-YOU find me a source. Ought to be pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Default The original post is meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
Over a Decade ago I was just another one of the sheep, it took a serious injury then 2yrs in a coma to change my perspective on our country. Every day I see the gap between those in power grows exponentially from the rest of us. I began to wonder a few years ago would I ever see someone, ie a head of a state stand up to the corrupt powers that be. Isn't it time people that we all unite and get on the same page, after all the powers that be need underlings to do their dirty work, when you actually think about it how powerfull are they when they rely on public servants to enforce thier corruption. I never want to see people get hurt, but I honestly felt that the full collapse of our financial system as we know it would be a good thing, it would or hopefully topple and reset thsi horribel system.
What is everyones take?
Chanceryan, please re-read your original post (quoted above), and I don't mean to correct the spelling. It is full of vague generalities, with no specifics at all! You talk about "corruption" and "corrupt powers that be" without giving a single example to show us what you're talking about. You speak about "this horrible system" (spelling corrected by me) without telling us what you think is horrible about it. You say that it took two years in a coma to change your perspective on our country; I would just love to know in what ways your perspective changed and what your unfortunate injury and coma had to do with it. Anybody can throw out of bunch of derogatory accusations couched in general terms, but to build a case that you are correct, you need specifics and examples.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:07 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
Well, let's see.
That was tried a little while ago...oh, about 150 years ago....and it didn't end well.
You might want to do a little research on the War Between the States.

And poor spelling makes you look stupid and careless.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman48 View Post
Wyoming is one of those states that receives more in return in funds than it pays in.

Not advocating anything.......

Just wondering what happens when those "funds" are no longer worth anything?

YC.......

Old 11-15-2010, 06:37 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Except that I could barely read your post and I still don't quite understand it because of the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Hoam skoolded?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Lot different world then it was 150yrs ago....As long as we're playing what if:
So some State Governor convinces the Local NG command that they can succeed in breaking away. They in turn convince the Commander of the states Air Force base and than gain control of that bases Nukes.....Stand Off! Thier first call is a world wide cry for assistance from anyone.. The Russians come to mind. Do they (the Reds) have any less right to interfer with this than we do in Soviet Georgia?

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE! I"M COPYWRITEING THIS STORYLINE FOR MY BOOK!!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Just wondering what happens when those "funds" are no longer worth anything?
AHHHHHHH.....now we have something interesting here, no?

"Follow the money"! When our Federal Reserve Notes no longer buy anything of value, that's when the SHTF.

There are secessionists called "tenth'ers" (after the 10th Amendment - look it up) that are looked down upon by the powers. You know - conspiracy theory, tin-foil hat types. Except they make some valid points.

But I agree, the tenth'ers don't stand a chance. However, Leviathan will hang himself with his own paper money. It's coming, stay tuned...

Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
I think you guys have it bassakawards

Secessionists that should leave the union, should be more like Mass NY, NJ, Ca where the hell holes are. Maybe we should throw the bums out.

On edit:

Ain' it so Nor' Eastah, ain' it so. I hear the dollar is headed down 20%. But what of ? If you ask me right now the name of that Fedral Reserve Note should be changed to Fedral Debt Note, as each one, if my figures are correct is worth -26 dollars as it is. We are lucky to have fooled some shumks for anything with these papers, Right Now.

I know that some folks can't see the forest for the trees, but I didn't know it was that green that blinded folks.

story:
I gotta go dig up my Sunny Dollars from SUNOCO, 'memeber them? The brown money with a Scot Highlander on them? Oh man did they look good and our funny cousin's up nawth took em clean off fer gettin any gas.

Now I like those folks up theya' just fine, but some of them wern't to bright. I recall one gas staion up theya' where the french speakin German shepard was the brighest of the lot. At least he was smart enough to try n' bite me when I was out back whizzin in the weeds. I couldn't get it figured which room was for women or for men, The weeds sure did look invitin'

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-15-2010 at 05:53 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,554 times
Last time I looked the 10th was part of the Bill of Rights, which on occasion has been suspended by various Presidents. Adding that amendment to a state's constitution does nothing except to show the legislators ignorance. Most stop reading around the Fifth.

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An ordinance, declaring the ordinance of Secession null and void - Texas State Library
A little bit of reality about Texas secession : NO QUARTER
Narrative History of Texas Secession and Readmission to the Union - Texas State Library

Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,554 times
To the secessonists I will leave you with this quote:

“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams, (1722-1803)
U.S. Founding Father

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness