Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 PM

145 posts, read 176,720 times

Advertisements

Sorry, Dr. nothing exciting has happened yet! Maybe I should fake a break in with me killing the invader with my hunting knife! But that would be lying.

Mac, I haven't posted any photos.

I'm prob being paranoid but I don't really want anyone to know what I'm driving...A woman on her own can't be too careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
My Van, my mistake. Must have misread. I agree you will want to be carefull. My intent had there been any interior pic would have been to critique your set up. I have camped all my life, and like a few creature comforts in the doing.

Our van got more work completed today in parts of the project, and the underlayment head liner is 1/2 installed about now. I can't wait for the real head liner and carpet to get installed, because the walls and trim will be a snap.

I made another move today as well and took a PO Box in the next town over.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
My Van, my mistake. Must have misread. I agree you will want to be carefull. My intent had there been any interior pic would have been to critique your set up. I have camped all my life, and like a few creature comforts in the doing.

Our van got more work completed today in parts of the project, and the underlayment head liner is 1/2 installed about now. I can't wait for the real head liner and carpet to get installed, because the walls and trim will be a snap.

Are you planning on living in a van as well?

Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
It's not that I didn't like it, more as you said you were trying to promote it. Therefore, I am thinking you want others to read it, rather than just blogging as a creative outlet.

For you to attract the general populace into reading your blog, you need something to grab them.
Details are inherently interesting. I'm not addressing Maureen's blog specifically, but in general people who read blogs enjoy reading about the details of one's actions rather than huge amounts of philosophizing (a little of that is fine, it's one of those balance things.)

Men tend to prefer reading about sex, struggle, and violence. Women like to read details about relationships and encounters. (yes, I know that's horribly sexist).

Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Rest assured if there's any sex, stuggle or violence happening, my blog readers will be the first to know.

I understand that some will find it boring. No hard feelings. It's fascinating to me!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

What made you decide to move Mac?

Regarding comforts in my van...right now I don't have money for it....and I don't know how to do stuff like that anyway....

Old 09-20-2011, 10:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Details are inherently interesting. I'm not addressing Maureen's blog specifically, but in general people who read blogs enjoy reading about the details of one's actions rather than huge amounts of philosophizing (a little of that is fine, it's one of those balance things.)

Men tend to prefer reading about sex, struggle, and violence. Women like to read details about relationships and encounters. (yes, I know that's horribly sexist).
HEY!

Yeah, that IS horribly sexist.

I am currently reading "Courting Disaster" about the CIA, FBI, waterboarding, and terrorist plots. I was a fan of Tom Clancy before Harrison Ford started playing in his movies. I am more interested in biographies, social histories, and books on economics (Milton Freedman is my heeero) but I also read Alan Greenspan's bio.

But my male boss is all about swapping books about historical romances with fellow female employees (no, he isn't gay, he 'likes the stories'). Most of the male firefighters I worked with were absolutely passionate about 'their stories' - the soaps on TV! They couldn't believe I didn't have a 'favorite' one... So let's not generalize too much!!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:12 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I guess I live in a different world than you, SC.

Around here the guys would like to read about the Dykes on Bikes who surround the van, with the hot redhead leader staring at Maureen with smoldering eyes while adjusting with her leather bra .... Mo slowly sneaks out her Siggy in .380, keeping it well-hidden ......

The women would like to read about the bridal shower thrown for a pregnant squirrel that Maureen had befriended in the park, and who brought which cute little gifts, and what kinds of shoes they were all wearing.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Woof you're hysterical. I DID meet a kind of interesting homeless guy today that I'm going to write about. Ooops probably going to veer toward the romantic. I mean he did have vivid blue eyes.

Maybe I should have an "alternate blog" about what MIGHT have happened???? Maybe he remembers my van and I get a knock on the window after midnight some time...he just wants to bum a light but it's SO scary!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Are you planning on living in a van as well?
With the new circumstances I might be. I don't like liars, dead beats, or lazy people, and the new gal here is. If I do, it won't be any hardship. I know how to live low to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness