Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:47 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times

Advertisements

Then you agree that the FACTS that I showed on just how little silver is ingested shows that your claim that people will turn blue* is a complete fabrication?

You can't have it both ways. If you want to take the high road and claim that an EXCESS can cause people to turn blue and/or you have not read any studies that satisfy you, then more power to you. If instead you want to run around the room yelling "SMURF!!!" I will keep repudiating you and continue showing your comments to be inflammatory lies. I'd prefer the former, since it takes less time, but either way is fine by me.

* when used prudently and according to common instruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Also, I will note that the people who's argument degenerates into "it's just like religion and everyone is right" is usually the guy who knows he has none of the facts on his side. If you don't want to take my word for it then that is fine but I encourage anyone considering buying this junk to just google it or open up any medical book because it has been clinically tested over and over and has ALWAYS been found to be completely useless and sometimes even harmful. That is not opinion, that is fact, and beware of people who try to dismiss facts by substituting opinions as if they were the same thing. They're not.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Then you agree that the FACTS that I showed on just how little silver is ingested shows that your claim that people will turn blue* is a complete fabrication?
So now you're deliberately misquoting? Yes, ingestions of collidal silver can indeed turn people's skin blue though I did not make any claim about the quantities involved in order to get that result. What I have said, and which every actual medical book and clinical study on the topic has said, is that your snake oil is completely worthless with absolutely no medical value what so ever. It can be harmful though. No, that is not a fabrication and is simply a well established medical fact.

Look, I can appreciate that you think this stuff works, I can also understand if you're trying to financially gain by selling this stuff to gullible people if that is the case, but please at least try to keep your claims in line with facts and reality. To not do so is unethical and, in the event you're actually trying to pump up sales for a product you're some how connected to, a crime.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:21 PM

Kevin Trudeau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a reason why the fraudsters and con-artists hawking this sort of junk routinely end up in jail. It's because they're fraudsters who often end up getting people killed if they're gullible enough to believe their supposed miracle cures actually work. They're just frauds, they know facts, science, and just reality are not on their side but they want to make money by conning innocent people. It's highly unethical stuff which not only harms desperate people financially but frequently also harms their physical health.

When it comes to your medical health don't trust fraudsters and instead look to actual medical science where treatments must be tested and found to be reproducible, effective, and not actually harm patients (or at the very least do more good than harm).

Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
So now you're deliberately misquoting? Yes, ingestions of collidal silver can indeed turn people's skin blue though I did not make any claim about the quantities involved in order to get that result. What I have said, and which every actual medical book and clinical study on the topic has said, is that your snake oil is completely worthless with absolutely no medical value what so ever. It can be harmful though. No, that is not a fabrication and is simply a well established medical fact.

Look, I can appreciate that you think this stuff works, I can also understand if you're trying to financially gain by selling this stuff to gullible people if that is the case, but please at least try to keep your claims in line with facts and reality. To not do so is unethical and, in the event you're actually trying to pump up sales for a product you're some how connected to, a crime.
Your inference throughout the thread has been clear - that ANY amount of it will put a person at risk. That is a demonstrable lie or lack of proper research.

An overdose of potassium, iron, zinc, calcium, and just about every other metallic element can be harmful or fatal. Those are all also in your medical books. In point of fact, overdose of any one of those will have far more detrimental effects than an overdose of silver. O.D. on potassium and your heart stops and THEN you turn blue. O.D. on calcium, you cramp up, die, and then turn blue. Yet I don't see you calling calcium supplements "snake oil."

I am not in any way trying to gain financially. I have no pony in that show. Even if I was, pumping questionable products is something drug manufacturers do all the time. If it is a crime to pump CS, then it is also a crime to pump statins to gullible people. Please let me know when the authorities arrest those major drug dealers. (I agree that clinical studies suggest that people with high calcium scores and/or previous heart attacks may statistically benefit from statins. The negative effects on groups outside of that limited slice are far more damaging than benefits - again also shown by repeated studies.)

You are of the opinion that CS doesn't work. I recognize that proving the negative is difficult at best, and recognize your opinion. It does not match my experience, so I am unable to agree with you.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Want to bet? If any of this man's poor, ignorant marks are wondering then they could just open any medical journal. They all the say exactly the same. It has no scientifically proven benefits and lots and lots of negative draw backs. If someone is using this snake oil as a substitute for actual medical care from a real physician then they are putting their lives needlessly at risk due to out right stupidity.
Your opinion is just an ignorant rant. Put your money where your mouth is and cite some of these portions of any medical journal. They only exist in your closed mind.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
The difference is those prescription drugs can actually demonstrate that they are both safe and effective in clinical trials while your snake oil can't.
www.alternet.org

Safe??????????????????
Over 100,000 Americans DIE every year as a result of reactions to prescription drugs. What freakin planet are you living on?????

Add to that the untold millions who are seriously damaged, those who are taking drugs that don't help their conditions, The anti depressives who's side effect is most commonly depression The NSAIDs that people routinely take for a little stiffness only to have their entire GI system destroyed.

You surely DON"T think for YOURSELF!
YOUR MIND IS MADE UP BY OTHERS SPOUTING PURE BS.
aRE YOU A SALESMAN FOR A BIG PHARMA BY ANY CHANCE?

Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Yes, ingestions of collidal silver can indeed turn people's skin blue though I did not make any claim about the quantities involved in order to get that result.
Oh come on! Quit arguing. Let's be creative here. This could be lucrative.

First, the Blue Man Group could stop wasting so much money on makeup.

But, here's the cash cow: women are, more and more these days, dying their hair all different colors such as purple, orange, bright red, yellow, green, and... yes, you guessed it... BLUE!

So how about if they could color their faces blue as well without having to painstakingly and maddeningly apply base color makeup each morning? A few hits of silver and they're a lovely blue shade to contrast the yellow hair. I think you have touched on something worth thinking about here. Plus, perhaps they will be healthier, although we can't conclude that with 100% certainty. We could just put on the bottle something such as, "may promote health along with a blue face."

Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 PM

I'll repeat it one more tome for those who don't get it. Proper Colloidal silver DOES NOT CAUSE ANY DISCOLOURATION OF THE SKIN. That is caused by silver SALTS.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:21 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'll repeat it one more tome for those who don't get it. Proper Colloidal silver DOES NOT CAUSE ANY DISCOLOURATION OF THE SKIN. That is caused by silver SALTS.

Damn. There goes that $tartup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness