Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times

Advertisements

I stopped watching Alex Jones a while ago because I suspected it but I just watched the now infamous Piers Morgan interview and now I know.

What always struck me about AJ was how sharp he is. He is not crazy; he's clearly highly intelligent. He also has a fair amount of truth behind his claims, though he always tends to twist it to off-the-wall conclusions.

In the Piers Morgan interview there is no beating around the bush. He is a ranting lunatic!

... but the whole thing is an act!

The things Alex Jones said are mostly true! But because of the way it's presented, any normal person would watch it and leave with one thought: "Anybody who wants to own a gun is completely crazy". Various important points made by Alex Jones will now cue images of Alex yelling and ranting, being rude and abnoxious in people's heads.. and maybe bring images of great while sharks and chimpanzees dancing on pin heads...

All the facts are completely discredited in a deviously clever disinformation piece. In a world where it is very difficult to hide information, the best strategy is to shroud the truth in lies and make the truth itself look crazy. The previous work of Alex Jones shows he KNOWS plenty about human psychology. How something is presented is just as (if not MORE) important than the information presented. His acting job took actual facts and made them seem "wrong"... in my opinion deliberately.

Alex Jones works for them... there can be no other rational conclusion. He is purposely trying to make patriots look like nut-jobs without alienating those people who follow him like some kind of prophet... and certainly leading them astray in the end.

Last edited by Chango; 01-11-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
And sadly, when they get the job done, they are taking away our last equalized means of defense. Once the evil guns are out of our hands, we are thrust into a law-of-the-jungle world where our defense depends on either criminals suddenly deciding to abide by laws, or on our physical strength and our ability to use it violently. Way to go! If nothing else, it's one of the most jaw-dropping acts of sexism ever taken by our species.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
Well I personally know a couple people who I asked to watch the "interview/debate", these people bough the hype about banning so called assault weapons, but they were influenced in a pro-gun lean after watching it. The people who see Alex Jones yelling and think he's a nut are probably the same people who have very little intelligence on statistics and love koolaid, these are typically the people who care more about following the Kardashians than real current events, who couldn't point out Yemen on a map, or come from a family of 1st generation immigrants who know close to nothing about America's founding.

I think the reason Piers/CNN invited AJ (knowing very well AJ is a firebrand) is so they further polarize the nation. They know 2nd amendment supporters aren't going to bend and they know sadist liberals aren't gonna support scary looking weapons. The tactic as I see it, is to furtherly deepen the divide in America. And they're doing that to a point, but the side of America with the guns aren't going anywhere. The liberals will go off to fema camps though. Survival of the fittest.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And sadly, when they get the job done, they are taking away our last equalized means of defense. Once the evil guns are out of our hands, we are thrust into a law-of-the-jungle world where our defense depends on either criminals suddenly deciding to abide by laws, or on our physical strength and our ability to use it violently. Way to go! If nothing else, it's one of the most jaw-dropping acts of sexism ever taken by our species.
I never thought I'd see an America where it generally considered a good idea to sacrifice freedom for promises, or that prepping for the worst while hoping for the best was only for crazies.

My grandparents were taught this at a young age but it's completely forgotten now. What's crazy is how fast people forget!

1942 WWII Cartoon - YouTube

Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Well I personally know a couple people who I asked to watch the "interview/debate", these people bough the hype about banning so called assault weapons, but they were influenced in a pro-gun lean after watching it. The people who see Alex Jones yelling and think he's a nut are probably the same people who have very little intelligence on statistics and love koolaid, these are typically the people who care more about following the Kardashians than real current events, who couldn't point out Yemen on a map, or come from a family of 1st generation immigrants who know close to nothing about America's founding.

I think the reason Piers/CNN invited AJ (knowing very well AJ is a firebrand) is so they further polarize the nation. They know 2nd amendment supporters aren't going to bend and they know sadist liberals aren't gonna support scary looking weapons. The tactic as I see it, is to furtherly deepen the divide in America. And they're doing that to a point, but the side of America with the guns aren't going anywhere. The liberals will go off to fema camps though. Survival of the fittest.
Alex isn't that dumb. If he really wanted to sway people this way he was entirely capable of using a more sensible tactic to do it. Alex was also entirely capable of having a sensible debate with Piers on the subject.

The whole thing was a sham... follow that guy and you WILL be burned eventually.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Alex isn't that dumb. If he really wanted to sway people this way he was entirely capable of using a more sensible tactic to do it. Alex was also entirely capable of having a sensible debate with Piers on the subject.

The whole thing was a sham... follow that guy and you WILL be burned eventually.
The goal as a guest on Piers show should be not to let Piers talk and I would have done the same thing. There's no having a sensible debate with people like Piers, he's a parrot who repeatedly asks the same questions even after its repeatedly answered. Bottomline - he wants the Americans to be slaves like the British. He isn't at all sincere. He doesn't give a rats butt about our 2nd amendment or the children killed. He has an agenda and he is coached by CNN. He gets shemales losers on his show to agree with him and repeat the same thing. If you have watched him once, you've seen all his shows. He doesn't want to reason. He name calls people, then watches for their reaction like a little girl. If I was on his show I'd probably bust his girly lip. And you want to suggest someone "debates" calmly with him? There is no purpose of being on his show, unless its to dominate him and shout over his venomous repetitive lies. I don't agree with everything Alex Jones says. One thing I didn't like what he said in that show was "It's true we're a violent society".

Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:

Yeah. I think he was playing for attention.

I noticed long long ago that whatever it was he was warning or railing about.....seemed to be conveniently up for sale from his linked sponsors.

Gold investor guides, Radiation suits or detectors and so on and so forth.

He was working A LOT of nuclear scares after Fukushima started to die down. He speculated there was a nuclear meltdown being covered up in Nebraska and also that the DC earthquake was really a nuke test.

Snake oil salesman.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times
Alex isn't dumb, but his radio show is for the dumb. Only the dumb can handle endless NLP inspired repetitions of the same message over, and over, and over diluted with equally stupid advertisements. AJ programs could be shrunk to 3 minutes or less.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,324 times
Alex used to be the real deal and did and does really know important truths. During that time period he really did cause a social reform of the likes of historic levels. He sold out to the system though, the appropriate thing is to just ignore him now.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I stopped watching Alex Jones a while ago because I suspected it but I just watched the now infamous Piers Morgan interview and now I know.

What always struck me about AJ was how sharp he is. He is not crazy; he's clearly highly intelligent. He also has a fair amount of truth behind his claims, though he always tends to twist it to off-the-wall conclusions.

In the Piers Morgan interview there is no beating around the bush. He is a ranting lunatic!

... but the whole thing is an act!

The things Alex Jones said are mostly true! But because of the way it's presented, any normal person would watch it and leave with one thought: "Anybody who wants to own a gun is completely crazy". Various important points made by Alex Jones will now cue images of Alex yelling and ranting, being rude and abnoxious in people's heads.. and maybe bring images of great while sharks and chimpanzees dancing on pin heads...

All the facts are completely discredited in a deviously clever disinformation piece. In a world where it is very difficult to hide information, the best strategy is to shroud the truth in lies and make the truth itself look crazy. The previous work of Alex Jones shows he KNOWS plenty about human psychology. How something is presented is just as (if not MORE) important than the information presented. His acting job took actual facts and made them seem "wrong"... in my opinion deliberately.

Alex Jones works for them... there can be no other rational conclusion. He is purposely trying to make patriots look like nut-jobs without alienating those people who follow him like some kind of prophet... and certainly leading them astray in the end.
Sticking to the topic of gun control, do you refer to disarming the Americans for tyranny as an off-the-wall conclusion?

I'm a normal person and I can't wrap my mind around why someone would think gun ownership is crazy from watching this debate. Unless they're under a Piers Morgan spell. Are you refering to people from America or some foreign land?

Leading them astray to what? Supporting the 2nd amendment? People will support it rather Alex Jones advocates it or not. We're not feathers in the wind like the audience you seem to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness