Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,074,903 times

Advertisements

The Worst Places To Seek Refuge During The Zombie Apocalypse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
They are the worst places to live under any circumstances.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:32 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
Any urban area! The higher the population the scarcer the resources, everything goes bad faster.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Yeah any massively populated area is going to be bad in that scenario. I mean look at how many zombies roam around rural Georgia in the walking dead! Somewhere super remote like the black hills of south dakota would be a good place to hide.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Strange but I saw a show on areas of S.F. California the other night and they called the dope heads : Zombies. I thought it strange until I saw the people on the streets. Looked like a Zombie movie alright. The area was called the Tenderloin for some reason.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post

why would any sane person, especially those that like to be survivors want to live in a city? to me, living in a city would just be tantamount to committing suicide for any situation that someone would need to survive.

go on youtube and watch the documentary "world without oil", it shows how fast things truly break down in the cities, and that is just being without oil, let alone being without other services including food, water and medical supplies.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:02 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Evans City, Pennsylvania.

Now, if we are talking about something a little more realistic--a societal breakdown--rather than a 1968 horror film, then any metro area would be an unfortunate place to be.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:12 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
The absolute worst place to be is ANY Wal-mart store. They're already full of creeps as it is.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The absolute worst place to be is ANY Wal-mart store. They're already full of creeps as it is.
Walmart is America's general store for country people. There's no cracker barrel or pot-bellied stove, but it's a great place for visiting as well as shopping. Folks at my store may drive fifty to a hundred miles to load up on supplies. People in the cold northern desert want oranges, lemons, coffee, tea, pepper, cinnamon, rice, and all of the other goodies from faraway places at good prices.

Here's a neat item for survivalists. Tasty and storable, Walmart has the best price by far. There's free shipping to your door as well. While you're on the website take a look at other food items and the rest.

Meica Pork Frankfurters, 6.3 oz, (Pack of 12) - Walmart.com

Old 10-28-2014, 05:30 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Walmart is America's general store for country people. There's no cracker barrel or pot-bellied stove, but it's a great place for visiting as well as shopping. Folks at my store may drive fifty to a hundred miles to load up on supplies. People in the cold northern desert want oranges, lemons, coffee, tea, pepper, cinnamon, rice, and all of the other goodies from faraway places at good prices.

Here's a neat item for survivalists. Tasty and storable, Walmart has the best price by far. There's free shipping to your door as well. While you're on the website take a look at other food items and the rest.

Meica Pork Frankfurters, 6.3 oz, (Pack of 12) - Walmart.com
I live in a rural area and manage to find other, more pleasant places to get what I need. To me, "visiting" Wal-mart is a depressing shopping experience. You must have a different type of people where you live. Our Wal-mart looks like everyone in the area who crawled out from under the nearest rock has converged in one place. I for one would hate to be caught in one on a busy Saturday afternnoon if a sudden disaster occured. Too crowded, too many tattoo'ed, government dependent low-lifes, and too few exit doors to "escape" out of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness