Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:23 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times

Advertisements

in the UK preppers(the ones with any sense that is) have come to know no good will come of signing up with a so called "film maker" or other such types, none of these have ever shown preppers or survivalists in a good light usually they are made to look as foolish as possible, it is not done to further self reliance, its all about money, prestige and ratings ....for the film company not the prepper that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 10:00 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,962 times
I've yet to see a girl who would want a mountain man for a partner. Several come close but if you want to weed them out quickly, ask them if they can live with out television, internet, or going to town. Very few will score 67%.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I've yet to see a girl who would want a mountain man for a partner. Several come close but if you want to weed them out quickly, ask them if they can live with out television, internet, or going to town. Very few will score 67%.
most females in this country would score a lot less, most of the younger ones want a meal ticket not a husband.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Many women would score 100%. So what! It takes far more than that.

Would you have any problem strangling a ten year old who might warn his family?

Would you like to learn how to tan scalps?

Would you like to go out on a cold rainy night, get cold and wet to the bone, then build a fire without a cigarette lighter, matches, dry kindling, or cotton balls soaked in Vaseline? It can be done.

The old timers were wont to say, "When the starvin' times come, don't let Old Bill Williams walk behind you.'' Bill Williams was an expreacher and famous mountain man. Would you do the same as he would have?

Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Many women would score 100%. So what! It takes far more than that.

Would you have any problem strangling a ten year old who might warn his family?

Would you like to learn how to tan scalps?

Would you like to go out on a cold rainy night, get cold and wet to the bone, then build a fire without a cigarette lighter, matches, dry kindling, or cotton balls soaked in Vaseline? It can be done.

The old timers were wont to say, "When the starvin' times come, don't let Old Bill Williams walk behind you.'' Bill Williams was an expreacher and famous mountain man. Would you do the same as he would have?
Do mountain men likely strangle people? Warn his family about what?

I know women who would tan scalps, probably better than I would want to.

My old man relies on firewood, he's humped over but always fooling with wood even though he has central heat. The other day the trunk of a tree rolled on him while he was cutting branches off (which were holding the trunk 5' off the ground), luckily he had a cell phone in his pocket. He rather break a bone than have less than 2 years of firewood in his basement.

I'd eat old Bill if I got hungry enough but I wouldn't enjoy like he would.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
most females in this country would score a lot less, most of the younger ones want a meal ticket not a husband.
So you live south west in the UK, which is England? I definitely plan to visit Scotland someday. I bet there are quite a few Scottish women who are somewhat self sufficient.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Do mountain men likely strangle people? Warn his family about what?

I know women who would tan scalps, probably better than I would want to.

My old man relies on firewood, he's humped over but always fooling with wood even though he has central heat. The other day the trunk of a tree rolled on him while he was cutting branches off (which were holding the trunk 5' off the ground), luckily he had a cell phone in his pocket. He rather break a bone than have less than 2 years of firewood in his basement.

I'd eat old Bill if I got hungry enough but I wouldn't enjoy like he would.
Mountain men frequently joined Indians in raids on members of other tribes. They often took Indian wives who didn't spare anyone.

It was a life of savagery. There has been plenty written about this.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:07 AM

Quote:
So you live south west in the UK, which is England? I definitely plan to visit Scotland someday. I bet there are quite a few Scottish women who are somewhat self sufficient.
in modern Britain? I wont hold my breath but good luck anyway.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:36 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,233,254 times
The nice thing about misogyny is that its self fulfilling. You dislike and disrepect women and they respond in kind. Therefore the whole self sufficiently thing is a zero sum game. No women, no children, no future. So what if you survive the apocalypse? You'll still die lonely and unmourned.
But, hey, you can keep hoarding your bullets and fantasize about being Grizzly Adams and then complain that you're lonely and nobody gets you. Well, yes, we do.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 AM

whats that got to do with casting for a tv show? your wrong by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness