Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:54 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,944,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Although I've always voted Republican I would be embarrassed to have Trump representing the USA. He's a loud mouth buffoon who doesn't think before he opens his big mouth. But on the other hand I'm not voting for Clinton so I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. :-(
I feel similarly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 11:02 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,171 times
I'm already in my "bug out" residence, cranking up my agricultural skills (and shooting skills). Getting ready for the Economic Bubble Collapse due in the next 3 years.

Oh, location not in lower 48, or in 49 for that matter.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:51 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,302,020 times
Hillary= More endless wars. She's a globalist war hawk criminal and will feel like she has something to prove (being an old unhealthy, cranky woman and all) and we'll keep meddling in the Middle East and knocking on Russia's front door. More cronyism, shady deals, lying and wars, no thanks. I still don't understand how people can look at her and not see pure evil in her eyes. While trump may be a narcissistic "buffoon" and off his rocker in some ways, I don't get the pure evil vibe from him.

I don't think trump is our savior by any means but at least he'll try to shake things up a bit. I also believe he will be able to give us a chance at some peace, especially with Russia, although I'm not holding my breath. He'll also keep the news interesting for the next four years. Either way, I'll be living the dream as free as I possible can, no matter who wins.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:59 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
They said that Obama was coming for your guns also and that didn't happen either.
Obama did come after guns. He just wasn't successful.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:09 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
I already did, 20 years ago. One of my sons did 5 years ago. I live in Denmark. He lives in England.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:12 PM

126 posts, read 269,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Yeah, I would think.

What possesses anyone to vote for a *cough*cough* CRIMINAL???
Criminal - one who has committed a crime

GWB DUI
Bush pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor DUI charge, paid a $150 fine, and had his driving privileges briefly revoked in the state of Maine.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,164,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanling View Post
What good does bugging out do? You are still as US Citizen and you still owe US taxes no matter where you go.
Only on earning above $101,300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I'm much more worried about his opponent winning. She is going to come for our guns with a vengeance. Unless she's a liar. Chuckie Crist said she's honest. We'll see.
Dear lord, among all of the issues that are relevant to electing a president, I don't think laws about the sale or transfer of ARs or background check laws are particularly important. No one is coming to take your guns, anyway. I'd say there are at least 100 issues more important than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump has said repeatedly that he will not default on our foreign debt.

Universal healthcare is a good thing for all. It is too expensive in the current form. Need to trim the waste and pork.

I can't see Trump spending more than the current regime has. That spending program hasn't slowed real inflation.
Real inflation is incredibly low right now. It's around 1%. Current US Inflation Rates: 2006-2016 | US Inflation Calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Yeah, I would think.

What possesses anyone to vote for a *cough*cough* CRIMINAL???

There might be a lot of good reasons to vote for a criminal. Imagine one candidate has been convicted of a relatively minor crime, but the other is completely incompetent, shows almost no relevant knowledge, doesn't seem to understand which issues are important and which are not, panders to some of the worst parts of society and generally seems unfit to be president. Is the fact that he has not been convicted of a crime enough to outweigh all of the other marks? My answer is no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
look here, before obamacare passed, i was paying $650 a month for family insurance for my 2 children and me. after obamacare passed and I am only paying for 1 child and my self, I am paying almost 2 grand a month.
obamacare did nothing but make medical insurance more expensive. it was a crock.

the only things that obamacare did was make more money for medical insurance companies, and to add another level of bureaucracy in the government.

obamacare is nothing but a crock.

I just noticed something as well, another 1 poster troll again.
I have a chronic illness that is quite expensive to treat. Before Obamacare, I couldn't get insurance. At all. At any price. My condition was an automatic exclusion. I am self-employed in a small business (that employs others, btw.) What were my options? Give up my business so I could get a job working for a company with benefits or not get treatment. That doesn't seem like a good decision to force people to make, and I don't think it's selfish of me to say that this consideration is more important than the consideration you presented, particularly considering that if your premiums are that high, you are earning a good income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I'm already in my "bug out" residence, cranking up my agricultural skills (and shooting skills). Getting ready for the Economic Bubble Collapse due in the next 3 years.

Oh, location not in lower 48, or in 49 for that matter.
Haven't similar historical predictions taught you anything? People like you were everywhere in 2008 and 2009, but even the greatest recession since the great depression didn't produce the "economic bubble collapse" you speak of. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
They said that Obama was .... and that didn't happen either.
The progressives are progressively setting up their dominoes. They know that if they come on too strong, make too many power-grabs too quickly, that there will be a backlash against them.

In many ways Trump's popularity is a small backlash against the ever quickening march of PC fascism which is oddly presented to the masses as "tolerance".

Old 09-24-2016, 01:13 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,164,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
In many ways Trump's popularity is a small backlash against the ever quickening march of PC fascism which is oddly presented to the masses as "tolerance".
1. I think you are correct about political correctness being a big issue in this election. That is a shame, however. First, how much of an impact does the president have of political correctness? Political correctness is not a function of laws; it is a function of what society in general views as acceptable and unacceptable. More importantly, in the realm of what is important and is not important, political correctness doesn't even deserve consideration when deciding who to vote for.

2. I think trump's popularity is overblown. He likely won the primary because there were too many candidates from the beginning. He had relatively small support when everyone had lots of choices. Had there been a straight election between Bush and Trump or even possibly Rubio and Trump, Trump would have lost. Moreover, Trump isn't particularly popular so far in the general. He has ranged from polling at a large deficit to Hillary to (for a very short period) a small advantage on Hillary. For the most part, though, he has been behind. He is still slightly behind, and in the primaries he under-performed on election day relative to polls. Statistically, he is probably about as popular as Mitt Romney, who in today's highly-polarized political climate is remembered as being moderately unpopular. Considering the rise of third-party candidates this year, though, one could probably make a strong argument that Trump is one of the least-popular general election candidates in recent memory. He has an ardent base, but they aren't particularly big. Many of his voters will inevitably be people who do not like him but dislike Hillary more.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
if he wins, Im throwing a party, but he wont because its hillary turn, she gave it up for barry last time. its not like our vote actually count
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness