Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,569 times

Advertisements

For most of us the economy is still OK. (Today and maybe tommorrow, but next week, who knows? Today, many of us still have money in the bank, our accounts are safe (today), and we have a job to go to. Some of us this last weekend were still buying DVD's, 46 inch Plasma TV's and going on nice vacations. But if Congress does not do something soon, our economic system will collapse and chaos will result. Maybe our credit cards will stop working, or millions of us will be thrown out of our jobs, or our bank accounts will be emptied. Or store shelves will become bare. Who knows!!

How will the social frabic of our society hold up? Will there be huge riots and general civil unrest? Will our government fail? If things get really bad how ugly will it get on the streets of American cities? Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
We've been heading towards a police state for quite sometime, and I guarantee we will have one before long. At least half of the people in this country want a police state (Republicans all), they dont understand the words of Ben Franklin or our founding fathers, they will think they are safe with Blackwater on every corner, asking for I.D.'s at checkpoints.

And that is only the beginning of what is to come. The neocons have broken the military with non stop rotations to the killing fields of Iraq. That makes a "private" security force more likely to bring order and control, and the Blackwater boys luv 'em some violence, too.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
actually, a republican is the only one who understands our founding fathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We've been heading towards a police state for quite sometime, and I guarantee we will have one before long. At least half of the people in this country want a police state (Republicans all), they dont understand the words of Ben Franklin or our founding fathers, they will think they are safe with Blackwater on every corner, asking for I.D.'s at checkpoints.

And that is only the beginning of what is to come. The neocons have broken the military with non stop rotations to the killing fields of Iraq. That makes a "private" security force more likely to bring order and control, and the Blackwater boys luv 'em some violence, too.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
CD doomsday squad.... ASSSSSEEEEMMMMMBBBLLLLEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,599,113 times
i think people will bend over and take it til its too late to do anything

Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
It would have to get extremely bad for us complacent Americans to get off our butts. Start kicking people out of their houses, enmasse and maybe cutting off the food and power supplys... then I would expect to see some uprisings, most probably centered in the metro areas......

Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,804,807 times
Sure glad I know how to hunt and fish and survive

Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,692 times
So should i start stocking up on Ammo and food now?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:50 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
actually, a republican is the only one who understands our founding fathers.
It took exactly three posts for a hijacker to turn this thread into a "Republicans will save America from the Democrats" cavalcade.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,870 times
Hubby and I are hoping for the best, and planning for the worst. We have money under the mattress -- we are soon going to purchase a gun. We have a lot of fishing gear. We have started stocking food and water and gas. We have enough land to grow our own food if necessary. Is this all necessary? Most likely not -- but I'm not going to get caught if things collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness