Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,778,235 times

Advertisements

So I have 50 dollars in my bank to spend on gifts for five people-dad, mom, sister, brother, grandma.

15 dollars for each parent. I would spend 30 dollars on one parent and have my sister do the other, but my sister is being honory this year and doesnt want to spend alot of money on my parents.

10 dollars for sister

5 dollars for my grandma

5 dollars for my brother

My brother and grandma aren't getting me a gift because they don't have cash that's why they are the least. My sister is getting me an Itunes gift card.

I am getting my brother a comic book, see's candy for my grandma, and I need ideas for my sister and my parents.

Thanks. Also, should I be asking my parents for clothes for christmas is that something parents should usually get for their kids? And Im usually cheap when it comes to clothes.

And is black friday the best day to look for gifts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,850,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
So I have 50 dollars in my bank to spend on gifts for five people-dad, mom, sister, brother, grandma.

15 dollars for each parent. I would spend 30 dollars on one parent and have my sister do the other, but my sister is being honory this year and doesnt want to spend alot of money on my parents.

10 dollars for sister

5 dollars for my grandma

5 dollars for my brother

My brother and grandma aren't getting me a gift because they don't have cash that's why they are the least. My sister is getting me an Itunes gift card.

I am getting my brother a comic book, see's candy for my grandma, and I need ideas for my sister and my parents.

Thanks. Also, should I be asking my parents for clothes for christmas is that something parents should usually get for their kids? And Im usually cheap when it comes to clothes.

And is black friday the best day to look for gifts?
Get your parents a gift card to their favorite restaurant, favorite store, or a movie theater. It may not cover the entire bill but they can use it towards a purchase.

For you sister; a photo frame, book, cute stuffed animal, or gift card for the movie theater.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM

Was thinking a gift card to the mall for my sister. Tickets to a play for my parents. Comic book for my brother. See's candy for my grandma.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,556,898 times
Get them gift certificates to the $5 dollar store.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,303,876 times
Why do you have to by individual gifts for each person? I used to feel that way when I was very young. But budgetary constraints prevented that option. I started making food gifts for everyone.
They went over big, and remains a tradition today, even though I'm better off financially.
Plus, each person had enough to share with the others.
Mom got quiche.
Dad got eggplant parm.
1 brother got a cheesecake.
2nd brother got my famous spinach balls.
The dog got sneaky mouthfuls from everybody. (lol!)
The effort was priceless. The gift was cheap in comparison.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,445,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Why do you have to by individual gifts for each person? I used to feel that way when I was very young. But budgetary constraints prevented that option. I started making food gifts for everyone.
They went over big, and remains a tradition today, even though I'm better off financially.
Plus, each person had enough to share with the others.
Mom got quiche.
Dad got eggplant parm.
1 brother got a cheesecake.
2nd brother got my famous spinach balls.
The dog got sneaky mouthfuls from everybody. (lol!)
The effort was priceless. The gift was cheap in comparison.
i love this idea.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 27,850,526 times
I agree, rather than buy cheap, worthless "things" - give them something you've made, do you have a talent? decorate a picture frame, draw a picture, bake something, enlarge a treasured photo and present that to them........

Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I agree, rather than buy cheap, worthless "things" - give them something you've made, do you have a talent? decorate a picture frame, draw a picture, bake something, enlarge a treasured photo and present that to them........
Well my brother likes comic books, grandma likes See's Candy, and sister likes the mall. And my sister and I agreed on getting my parents tickets to the Spirit of Wine event in our area and it's only 2 hrs long and 15 min from our house.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 27,850,526 times
Unless you are about 8-10-12, $5 dollars or so doesn't generally buy anything worth anything. I thought you said your sister backed out of giving? Presumably these people are all adults and understand if the economy constrains one from buying something? MAKE grandma some candy, I can't imagine parents expecting a gift from someone that it sounds like has NO money. Be creative! offer to wash their car, vacuum the house, something... you can make up a nice card and spell out what you'll offer.

Guess the bottom line is: are you a child or an adult?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Unless you are about 8-10-12, $5 dollars or so doesn't generally buy anything worth anything. I thought you said your sister backed out of giving? Presumably these people are all adults and understand if the economy constrains one from buying something? MAKE grandma some candy, I can't imagine parents expecting a gift from someone that it sounds like has NO money. Be creative! offer to wash their car, vacuum the house, something... you can make up a nice card and spell out what you'll offer.

Guess the bottom line is: are you a child or an adult?
I'm an adult in college. My sister ended up backing out again, so I'm back to getting them both tickets for a play. Like I said I have fifty dollars to spend. Next Holiday season is a mystery though. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job at the college I'm going to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products