Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Guilty? Hell, no. I love on-line shopping. You can instantly price-compare, check out different versions of things, get instant reviews. It's a smarter way to shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 02:11 AM

56 posts, read 127,624 times
I don’f feel guilty buying online. Online is the only way where we can find better prices, better range and whats even better delivered to my door!

Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
No, I don't. I have found some things online that I never would have in a local store.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:54 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I do feel bad that small retailers are becoming fewer and farther between. They simply cannot compete with the prices of the huge corporate retailers. Unless they sell stuff that is in a niche market.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:35 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,609 times
No. Clothes and the makeup that I buy online are what I considered to be necessary maintenance supplies in order to keep a professional image of a 20 something female. I like shopping for the majority of my clothes online because I don't have to deal with fake sales people. The same smaller retailer going out of business could set up their own virtual store front on etsy or other sites and do their business without the rent and overheads.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
No I do not feel guilty at all. Whenever I walk into a store here, be it a big box retailer or discounter or whatever, I either encounter rude useless employees who are totally unhelpful, OR in the case of two other places I won;t name names but the y are Best Buy and Home Depot, I get people trying to talk me out of what I want and sell me what they want to sell me instead.

So no, I buy anything and everything I can online Amazon is my favorite. I am going to look into the A,azon Prime this Christmas Season as well. I buy from all the big places online and take advantage of free shipping whenever it is offered. JC PEnney often foes that , so do all the other clothing stores
And often I want things that I flat out cannot get here.
On a side note when I was a kid we lived in a small town in nowhere Hickville Texas and Catalog shopping was the only eay to get anything! I have always shopped from catalogs for just about everything

Now I use the interent but still like it when catalogs come in the mail.
SO if someone gets laid off at Home Depot, then too bad. Maybe next time I come in wanting a black and decker electric drill he won't be there to waste 15 minutes of my time trying to talk me into a Ryobi Cordless.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 PM

17 posts, read 15,237 times
I never felt guilty about online shopping. I like and enjoying it very much.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Maybe a better question is - do you care about the loss of small businesses/shops in the area you live in?
Not at all!

I would be thrilled to shop locally... and I do as much as I can. But until the small businesses start carrying what my family needs, I'll shop online.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,181 times
I usually keep a running list of things I need on my phone. Whenever I go to a shopping center, I will grab all the items I can from the stores within walking distance.

Whenever I need to buy something that's harder to find (specific dvd's, phone covers and chargers, etc), I don't feel bad about shopping online. Why would I drive around town visiting stores that may or may not have what I need when I can walk to my computer?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
Just bought Tetra air pump for aquarium,free ship,did have to pay FL tax,$10 plus cheaper than Walmart.Always get what I want,never have been cheated,use paypal only,safe and secure.I do not buy any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products