Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:18 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Tide exclusively here.
Same here. I load up on it when it's on sale and I have coupons. Nothing else cleans as well. Plus, it's so concentrated I only have to use 1/2 to 3/4 the regular amount to clean as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I have a front-loader and used to use Tide HE. On elnina's suggestion, I tried Persil and would never go back to Tide or anything else. Persil is AWESOME -- the clothes smell great and the washer does too. And everything comes out so much cleaner.

I may try Ariel (another recommendation by elnina) when all my Persil runs out, but one box of Persil lasts a long time.
Ok, I'll bite -

who or what is el nina? I thought it was some sort of wind current system. And I have never heard of Persil or Ariel(except in mystical books).

Are you affiliated with someone who sells this stuff?
I don't think I ever saw it on a supermarket shelf.
Some pyramid scheme, perhaps?
Just askin'.

Thanks, Texas, for telling me that this stuff may be available on Amazon and is in your local stores. I'm on the East coast and have not seen it yet.

Last edited by goldengrain; 02-07-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Ok, I'll bite -

who or what is el nina? I thought it was some sort of wind current system. And I have never heard of Persil or Ariel(except in mystical books).

Are you affiliated with someone who sells this stuff?
I don't think I ever saw it on a supermarket shelf.
Some pyramid scheme, perhaps?
Just askin'.

Thanks, Texas, for telling me that this stuff may be available on Amazon and is in your local stores. I'm on the East coast and have not seen it yet.

elnina is a C-D member and moderator.

I had never heard of Persil laundry detergent until she posted about it in a thread. I bought it on Amazon and was overjoyed with how it helped end the smelly-washer problem I had had with my front loader.

elnina later posted about Ariel laundry detergent, which she said is a very good product too. I havent tried it yet because I recently bought several boxes of Persil and will wait until I use them up first.

I'm disabled as a result of a stroke a few years ago. I cant walk into stores so I buy almost everything from Amazon and other internet sites. I am MOST DEFINITELY NOT associated with either Persil or Ariel. If I were, my posts would constitute advertising, which is against the posting rules. And I'm trying not to be insulted by your reference to a pyramid scheme.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
elnina is a C-D member and moderator.

I had never heard of Persil laundry detergent until she posted about it in a thread. I bought it on Amazon and was overjoyed with how it helped end the smelly-washer problem I had had with my front loader.

elnina later posted about Ariel laundry detergent, which she said is a very good product too. I havent tried it yet because I recently bought several boxes of Persil and will wait until I use them up first.

I'm disabled as a result of a stroke a few years ago. I cant walk into stores so I buy almost everything from Amazon and other internet sites. I am MOST DEFINITELY NOT associated with either Persil or Ariel. If I were, my posts would constitute advertising, which is against the posting rules. And I'm trying not to be insulted by your reference to a pyramid scheme.
I'm jumping the gun and I apologize. I thought, gee, this sounds like a clever way to sneak an advertisement in. I had read all of this thread, but sometimes time passes between postings and I can't remember everything. I had been a member of another forum in which there was frequently a new person who would boast about some unrecognized product. I was playing amateur sleuth.

Sorry. Thank you for not taking offense.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM

61,730 posts, read 87,147,355 times
No offense. You can buy Persil on line, but Ariel is available in some stores - like ShopRite or Lowe's. Many Mexican type stores carry Ariel too. It looks like this:
Shop ARIEL 63 Oz. Laundry Detergent at Lowes.com
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...217241.html?12

Last edited by elnina; 02-07-2012 at 06:34 PM..

Old 02-10-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No offense. You can buy Persil on line, but Ariel is available in some stores - like ShopRite or Lowe's. Many Mexican type stores carry Ariel too. It looks like this:
Shop ARIEL 63 Oz. Laundry Detergent at Lowes.com
to all persil lovers - lowest price! - Laundry Room Forum - GardenWeb
Thank you. Do you have a side loader?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:31 PM

61,730 posts, read 87,147,355 times
No, I have top loader, but is working even better in a side loader ( low suds )

Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Tide exclusively.
Same here. I know it's not the cheapest one but I've tried others and clothes are not as clean as they are with Tide.

Persil caught my attention since it's been mentioned by a few posters here already.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No, I have top loader, but is working even better in a side loader ( low suds )
Thank you very much.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,529 times
Default Alondra

The brand I use is called Alondra HE liquid detergent. They also have powdered formulas which works nicely. It really depends on your preference. They formulate biodegradable and compostable packaging and the scent of the blue formula is blissful! They also provide free and clear solutions that contains no scent.

I usually buy in bulk as I save money this way. I buy in bulk over the phone or I will email the online retailer directly. When you buy from the online retailer directly you also save money! Buying from a store just adds to the price, which to me is unnecessary. It's convenient and quick/easy to buy online. Just a simple click of the button and within 3-4 business days I have quality detergent at my door for months to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products