Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:06 AM

257 posts, read 1,081,206 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am trying to replenish my household.....could I get some opinions on brands and places to shop for them? Online, Target, Kohls?

Ok...Pots and pans? What kind do u use, and do u like them?
Knifes, like cutlery for chopping and deboning?
Bath towels, and wash clothes?
what about paint for your interior walls?
blinds? do u have a favorite kind?
pillows, sheets and blankets?
mattress toppers?
digital camera favorites?
ipods?

Maybe we can start our own Eopinions on City Data ha?

Thanks gals and guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 05:29 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Everyone has different tastes and mine sorta conflicts with some people I know here.
Im not into modular, geo-metric style, blinds or tekkie style.
My personal style is solid colours. With solid colours you dont have to match, you can mix n match your bedding, bathroom and kitchen. The old 'tapestry' furniture. Drapes and sheers rather than blinds. Bedspread or quilt, rather than comforter. Basically, nostalgia. The old style dining table, remember the type with the chrome siding, and chrome framed chairs. Pretty much, the style that your gramma used to have, lol. Most people say 'eeeewww' at that style, but its so...'me'.
Cookware depends on your personal taste. Some like the silverstone coating, some dont. I like the old Farberware that didnt have that coating.
Records, cassettes, reel to reel is still good (we just sold out 4 track reel to reel because we've been using the 32 virtual track anymore) but I have to admit, cd's are wonderful.
I still dont know what an Ipod is but obviously am doing fine without one. And I love my digital cam, but like the 35mm and am looking to buy a newer digital cam with the movie feature, the one I have now only lets you shoot about 5 seconds of video. Thats about the only 'high-tech' Im into. So my advice probably is a little 'outdated' but its my style.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:00 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
Pots and pans I love the T-Fal,they seem to heat evenly and clean up so nice and easy.

Knives I've yet to find a set I really care for.

As for Ipods,I just got and Iphone last week and love it,it has an Ipod built in I've already downloaded 380 songs and 73 photos,I have the 8 GB..which has a capacity of 7.3 GB and it still has 5.8 GB free. My husband has down loaded a bunch of Battlestar Gallactica episodes on his and switches them out.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
Pots and pans I love the T-Fal,they seem to heat evenly and clean up so nice and easy.

Knives I've yet to find a set I really care for.
T-Fal is good . I agree.
As for knives, I use Forever sharp and I cannot do without it . I have almost 12 kinds of knives in my kitchen , but this is the only one I really use . Slices up things like hell. Very very sharp and cuts through almost anything . The best thing is it hasnt lost its sharpness since I got it ..

Pillows, sheets, bath towels, blankets, mattress toppers - I get all this from Bed, bath and beyond. I like that place and you can get 20% off coupons on their website or through mail.

Happy shopping !

Old 10-01-2007, 10:44 PM

55 posts, read 220,830 times
Default Check out America's Kitchen web site, they've tested Cutlery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
Hi, I am trying to replenish my household.....could I get some opinions on brands and places to shop for them? Online, Target, Kohls?

Ok...Pots and pans? What kind do u use, and do u like them?
Knifes, like cutlery for chopping and deboning?
Bath towels, and wash clothes?
what about paint for your interior walls?
blinds? do u have a favorite kind?
pillows, sheets and blankets?
mattress toppers?
digital camera favorites?
ipods?

Maybe we can start our own Eopinions on City Data ha?

Thanks gals and guys
Check out America's Kitchen web site, they've tested Cutlery

Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
Don't buy cheap pots and pans. Get a good set and they will last forever with care.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM

284 posts, read 1,681,692 times
I am great at finding bargains and sales.
Some of my favorite and least expensive buys are:
Pillows from Target.
Sheets from Target, Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens N Things.
Pots and pans from Kohls.

Other favorites:
Blinds cut to fit from Lowes
Behr paint (get primer tinted, too, if doing a color)

Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
I love Revere Ware Copper Clad pots and pans, Americas Kitchen and Overstock.com have good prices for them.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:53 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Reviews from Epinions Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more are a couple good places to start

Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
I will never part with my Henckel and Wusthoff cutting knives - I've had mine over 20 years. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products