Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:43 PM

691 posts, read 1,152,086 times

Advertisements

Sold a couple of gift cards to Cardpool on 2/9. Sent them the physical cards, in exchange for Amazon gift cards (which were to be sent via email within 24 hours of receipt).

According to my USPS delivery confirmation, they received them on 2/12.

Nearly two weeks later...and NOTHING. All I have received back is an automated reply..which in part states 'IF YOU ARE EMAILING REGARDING YOUR SELL TRANSACTION, PLEASE NOTE WE ARE TWO WEEKS BEHIND ON PROCESSING THE MAIL AND ARE WORKING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO PROCESS YOUR TRANSACTIONS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE DEAL WITH THE BACKLOG AS WE RECEIVED HIGHER THAN EXPECTED VOLUME POST-HOLIDAY. IF YOUR CARD WAS MAILED TO US ON OR SINCE JAN 25TH, PLEASE GIVE US TWO WEEKS TO PROCESS. WE HOPE TO BE CAUGHT UP WITH PROCESSING BY 2/21/14 AND WILL RETURN TO 24HR PROCESSING TIME AT THAT TIME. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.'

Yeah like its MY fault theyre understaffed and cant handle the volume. I'm supposed to sit around and just wait for my card to come while theyre sorting out their issues? Are you kidding me? Meanwhile they wont even reply to emails..let alone offer compensation for their complete crap business practices. Not to mention they dont even have a customer service phone #.

Any ideas on what to do here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,142,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
Any ideas on what to do here?
Wait for them to get caught up, and if you're not happy with the service, don't use them again.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM

22,621 posts, read 47,758,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wait for them to get caught up, and if you're not happy with the service, don't use them again.

Pretty much what I was going to say!

That and... I fail to see how the OP has been scammed (yet!).

Old 02-25-2014, 04:00 PM

So they should just get away with these sorts of practices?

Hell no. Not in this day and age.

Quote:

Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 PM

22,621 posts, read 47,758,002 times
Get away with what? Being overly popular?

You CHOSE to do business with a sketchy company with numerous complaints online.
And they have not scammed you yet.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 PM

What sort of practices are they "getting away with"?

They're backed up because of the holiday. Other than having to wait for your amazon card(s) and answering your question with an auto-reply (your question WAS answered), I fail to see what the problem is.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 PM

The fact that they dont even reply to emails, lack a customer service phone #...and dont even have the decency to warn people ahead of time means that even if I do essentially see my Amazon cards, I am getting scammed in a sense.

Had I known what a piece of garbage company Cardpool was, I would have simply sold my gift cards for roughly 3% less on ebay, and would have had the cash in my pocket for purchase I needed to make. Instead I'm sitting around waiting for this totally unprofessional company to send me the card that their own website says would be here within 24 hours of receipt. Sounds like Breach of Contract to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Pretty much what I was going to say!

That and... I fail to see how the OP has been scammed (yet!).

Old 02-25-2014, 04:07 PM

This is MY fault? It's their responsibility to adequately staff their company, NOT mine.

If they cant handle the volume they're apparently getting, they should STOP accepting transactions until they are caught up. PERIOD.

Again, their site states 'cards will be emailed within 24 hours of receipt' on their website.

Quote:
What sort of practices are they "getting away with"?

They're backed up because of the holiday. Other than having to wait for your amazon card(s) and answering your question with an auto-reply (your question WAS answered), I fail to see what the problem is.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Sounds like Breach of Contract to me.
So file a lawsuit over your gift cards, if you can find a lawyer to take the case...

Honestly, I don't see why this is such a huge deal. Granted, they're moving slower than advertised, but like I said, if you have a poor experience with them, vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere next time. That's what you'd do with any brick and mortar business you had a negative experience with, isn't it?

Or are you one of those people that will waste an hour yelling at the manager because the checkout line took ten minutes to get through?

Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
This is MY fault?
Gettin' a bit adversarial there, aren't ya? I never suggested that there was any fault to assign, much less to you.

Calm down, take a deep breath and have a cup of tea. You'll get what's coming to you. I'm quite sure of that.

When you go Christmas shopping, do you claim that the store should shut their doors because the lines are long at the checkout counters? Would you actually expect any store to do that? This is the same thing, just on the other side of the holiday. There's a long line and you have to wait. Yes, it would have been nice for them to tell you about the wait, and they probably should have, but they didn't. Your options here are very limited, and getting so worked up over something you have no control over will accomplish nothing except raising your blood pressure.

This is the phone number associated with their domain name. I can't tell you if it will reach a real person, and if it does, they probably won't be able to help you, but you're welcome to try. 800-240-8111.

I like helping where I can on the forums, but frankly, I think you're overreacting juuuuust a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products