Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

I use my credit cards all the time and just pay at the end of month. No fees;no interest. Then I get money back and don't have to pay for or write as many checks. wal-mart;target etc I shop at all them and buy where I get the best price.I don't think its any secret why US auto makers are in the problems they are in. Turned from making good vehicles to junk and lost customer loyality. A large part was from poor workmanship too.I don't believe in rewarding junk no matter where it;s made. If it's USA made and the best and worth the price I buy it;otherwise forget it.Buying USA regardless of the quality is pretty much what got us into the situation we have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 09:00 PM

80 posts, read 277,023 times
shopping? When it comes to economies it has always been an issue of the consumer. The problem is the way goods are bought. All made oversees and paid on credit. Hey, everybody......this will not work forever. I am for waking up, pay things off, invest wisely, save some bucks, dont live like the Joneses. What do you think folks with $$ are doing right now.....buying low priced property, buying low priced stocks. The world never changes. Study what the winners do.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Hey,
pay off all debts and quit supporting the banks (the rich) with interest pd
on the loans and mort. pay offf the cars.... take the time to figure out how
much you pay in interest and it should make you sick...
read labels and only buy UNITED STATES products....NOTHING from
China, NOTHING from Mexico....NOTHING from other countries....the trade def.
should tell you how out of balance things are.....buy U.S.A. products only...
I do not know how true it is but I read that HERSHEY has moved to
Mexico ,,,leaving Pa. U.S.A. I no longer buy there products as I would
rather support AMERICANS than any of the above....

YOU CAN NOT BUY CHEAP FORIGIEN PRODUCTS IF YOU HAVE NO JOB.

DO NOT BUY U.S.A. PRODUCTS THAN YOU HAVE NO JOB.....SIMPLY..THINK..

WAKE UP AMERICA

If i worked in a auto factory i would buy that car that goes by me all
day that is being built here in the U.S.A. just to keep my job and my
future pension in force.....why on earth would i buy a car made anywhere
else????? it stops to reason that if i don't buy the car that i help make
pretty soon i won't be making that car...

WAKE UP AMERICA

LOVE THE U.S.A.
Great post. Keep in mind that quite a few foreign cars are completely built on our soil using American workers.

I will never buy junk made in China if I can help it. But you said dont buy Mexico goods. What on earth does Mexico even make other then ceramic tiles? I can not think of anything.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 AM

428 posts, read 2,440,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Great post. Keep in mind that quite a few foreign cars are completely built on our soil using American workers.

I will never buy junk made in China if I can help it. But you said dont buy Mexico goods. What on earth does Mexico even make other then ceramic tiles? I can not think of anything.
Mexico makes the Dodge Ram 2500. (Thanks, Dodge!)
I think they also make the VW Beetle, and Levi's jeans.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Mexicq actually makes alot of the parts in american cars. Canada also.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:49 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Believe it or not, Japanese car makers who make their ars on US soil often source more of their parts from the US than the US car companies.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
Mexico makes the Dodge Ram 2500. (Thanks, Dodge!)
I think they also make the VW Beetle, and Levi's jeans.
They make the Dodge? Boy now that is impressive. What a junk box that is. It must be made of ceramic tile. I know the suspension is anyway.

Beetles are not made in Mexico today. They did until 2001 untill the famous gas pipe blast that haulted all auto production related manufacturing including parts plants. The pipe was never rebuilt. It is noted that the Beetle has always been a favorite car of the Mexican people having the same wow clout as a Porche might have here. Today some American auto parts are still produced in Mexico.

Levi's is made in 3 countries and Mexico is not one of them. Singapore is the closest Levi producer.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I shop to buy stuff I need or want.

To be patriotic, I sing songs, wave the flag, and set off firecrackers on the Fourth of July.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,989 times
Well said.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:11 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,416 times
Thanks for the clarification, guys. I do remember buying some bedroom furniture made in Mexico.
Since most of our economy is based on consumer spending, thanks in large part to our government, I think the best thing to do with a tax rebate is to invest in the stock market on a bad day, or invest in your education, learning something that won't be outsourced. We all have too many tchotchkes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products