Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 08:08 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times

Advertisements

Eventually I think I might buy some Vionic shoes or maybe Alegria. I have very big feet so not everyone makes my size. If Sketchers made my size I would probably give them a try but they don’t so never mind about that. I will just give my money to the people who make my size versus right sketchers to complain and say why don’t you make my size.

I know I must’ve purchased something from QVC since Christmas time but for the life of me off the top of my head I can’t remember what it was! Oh yes I bought four of the olive oil spray bottles and two sets of Sprudel‘s… And I think there was one other kitchen gadget. If they are cheap enough as in less than $20 I can be persuaded. That’s my price point … underneath $20 I would be more likely to buy more than $20 no way. For kitchen gadgets that is.

I have QVC and HSN on the TV a lot! But it’s mostly as background and I don’t buy from the channel that much. I’m not going to buy clothes because I can’t trust the sizing. And they’re over priced $55 for Susan Graver top is crazy. I’m not gonna buy any Valerie Parr Hill home decor items. I’m not going to buy jewelry. I’m not going to buy electronics from them. So most of what they sell I wouldn’t buy from them I buy from other places… Especially at the QVC price point. But I love having the channels on in the background.

Oh I did buy a six piece whipped argon oil body butter said from Josie Maran and I love it and I almost bought some Tatcha… And I did buy two LUG bags and two Vera Bradley that were only $29 and that was a steal. The LUG bags I just love the organizational aspect of them. Turns out they’re smaller than I thought they were… But I am not going to return them I’ll just give them to my sister or a cousin or niece. I will not go through the return process!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 05:18 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Returns are supposed to be easy. Wondering why you are hesitant instead of wanting to get your money back for items you cannot use as intended.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:43 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I think I remember reading that there is some common ownership between QVC and Zulilly. Zulilly does often have brands that are pricey on QVC.
I get emails from Zulilly and am tempted sometimes, but it's very unclear about shipping costs. I have heard they are also slow to ship but I guess if the deal is good enough I could be patient. I just don't like not having a clear shipping pricing schedule.
QVC owns Zulilly. And yes, their shipping is slow, they usually don't carry much inventory in their warehouses so they ship it when they get it

Old 06-15-2021, 06:46 PM

554 posts, read 345,136 times
Really wish one of the designers would have more or all cotton clothing.

Issac Mirazi has pima cotton tops, many of them are nice designs, but a little pricey.

Susan Graver line is all about the "liquid knit" which must sell well, however, it's polyester. I stay away from polyester.

Diane Gilman clothes are cute and fashionable.

There really isn't anything on the shopping shows that I think I better buy. For cotton tee's short/long sleeve go to Kohl's. Buy most everything at Marshall's at great prices and good quality.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry for all the "typos" in my last post. Good heavens, my phone's voice recognition is horrible. "Right" instead of "write" ...."said" instead of "set" missing punctuation....

Believe me. I do NOT write like that.
That's what I get for posting by voice recognition when I'm at work.

Quote:
Wondering why you are hesitant instead of wanting to get your money back for items you cannot use as intended.
I just don't have the patience or desire to fool with it. That's all. Besides I think "exchanges" or free, but returns you still pay to ship back. Returns are free at the store. And many times going back to the store is not a special trip because I might be going back anyway for other shopping.

Many times I'm "between sizes" So I need a 2x AND a 3x -- or the 12 and 12W -- to try on. So I'd have to order both, only to return the other. At the store -- pre-COVID I used to be able to -- try them both on right there, and decide.

Quote:
There really isn't anything on the shopping shows that I think I better buy. For cotton tee's short/long sleeve go to Kohl's. Buy most everything at Marshall's at great prices and good quality.
I still think -- even though I think the average age of the home shopping buyer has come down -- that ordering from TV is mostly for shut-ins and old people. The callers certainly reflect that. Good Lord, some of them have the raspy old folks voice, or they talk about their surgeries, or conditions, or disabilities.......20 and 30-year-olds aren't shopping on QVC.

And yes, the biggest reason I don't buy clothing from QVC is the prices. A Susan Graver, Attitudes by Renee or Isaac Mizrahi outfit doesn't look any better than what I could get a Marshalls for 1/3 the price. And let's not even get into the prices they want for "loungewear" like Any Body or Barefoot Dreams or Cuddl Duds. I can get that at Walmart for less than 1/2 the price. It's pajamas just in solids and more mainstream prints -- not in pajama-looking prints and colors....

Last edited by selhars; 06-16-2021 at 08:10 PM..

Old 06-16-2021, 09:31 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Not anymore. I once ordered something on QVC . Took long time to receive and not exactly what I really wanted. Maybe partially my fault for not paying closer attention to the model # they had vs the one I wanted. Looked close to same one. Then speaking with their operator, hard to hear with all the voices in the background. Even though I said that, there was no help getting rid of all the voices. Huge call center I imagine.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Not anymore. I once ordered something on QVC . Took long time to receive and not exactly what I really wanted. Maybe partially my fault for not paying closer attention to the model # they had vs the one I wanted. Looked close to same one. Then speaking with their operator, hard to hear with all the voices in the background. Even though I said that, there was no help getting rid of all the voices. Huge call center I imagine.
Believe it or not, their call centers were not too large, in fact, they shut one down maybe 6-7 years ago and now have everyone working from home permanently as they are shutting down their call centers permanently. Most people are using the websites.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I think hoarders are vulnerable to the home shopping pitch also. I can just imagine tens-of-thousands of homes across America filled with QVC/HSN/JTV/SHQ boxes.
They totally are. So, if you couldnt tell from my previous posts, I have very intimate knowledge of QVC
There are people that order from there several times a day. I've seen an account where the woman had spent over 200K IN ONE YEAR at QVC.

Old 06-17-2021, 12:11 PM

^^ crazy……But if she could afford it I suppose it’s her business how she spends her money. The likelihood is however that she should not have been spending all that money with QVC or on anything with any retailer for that matter.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:15 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,809 times
It's ok to watch for a minute. I like to get fashion ideas, then go out shopping to a store with something in mind from one of the shopping shows.

Denim & Company has a lot of great basic tops, however, they're just too expensive. It use to be Macy's was the place to buy cute basic tops, now it's Kohl's.

Usually have to turn on mute when they show Denim & Company just cannot listen to the guy for the company talk about women's clothing. Ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products