Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 02:25 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,138,005 times

Advertisements

Two things:

1) Any predictions on Qurate's (QVC'HSN's) sales this holiday season and quarter?

I know I'm not planning any more purchases.

Back in July I did pre-order two or three holiday candy purchases. But, I'm watching my dollars A LOT more now. I just don't foresee what QVC (or HSN) could possibly show me to entice me to buy anything more.

2) What happened to Honora Pearls?

I know one of the principals who was on-air is not with them any more. They do always have some kind of TSV around holiday time. And maybe that's still to come. But I haven't seen them at all this year. I know QVC hasn't done a lot of jewelry for a while now. But usually we see something from Honora by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 05:13 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Interesting questions-
As I have mentioned, I hardly ever buy anything on the shopping channels. Honestly, I think the last time something was probably 5 years ago and before that maybe 8 to 10 years ago. So, clearly I am not their target audience.
However, in order to buy one needs to watch. I used to watch in the mornings or just for a few minutes when I was bored at different times of the day. Now I rarely watch and when I do, I don't usually watch for more than 1 or 2 minutes.
I think the products offered are less interesting or maybe everything seems to be available all over so nothing seems as enticing.
From my point of view, I don't expect them to have a good selling season.

Re the Honora Pearls, I have no idea. If I find anything out I will certainly share.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:33 PM

^^ Thanks. I can't go onto one of the other sites I used to...so -- IF you still go there....could you maybe ask there for me and see what people are thinking. (But if you can't, of course, that's more than OK also.)

I can't imagine QVC/HSN will have a good season. QVC better than HSN though.
HSN has some great things. But some of it just isn't for me.

Just one example is their holiday decor sector. My goodness everything just looks sooooo cheap. I mean -- 8" tabletop, green ceramic Christmas trees? Come on. Their home decor sector in general is weak. But the holiday stuff is embarrassing.

And as for Honora, I know both channels have cut waaay back on the jewelry. But geez. Even pearls?

Old 11-03-2021, 06:39 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Actually, I did a bit of a search and it seems that Honora is available at other retailers, just not on Q. Also, it's been suggested that the Q likes to have their own in house or exclusive brands and perhaps that deal didn't work out with Honora.
Someone mentioned that the Q does now carry their own line of pearls with the Affinity line.
I honestly don't watch much and I rarely watch jewelry so I can't say much more about it.
It was discussed a bit last summer and spring but no one knew anything definitive.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:40 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Any updates on Antonella Nester's cancer battle?

QVC has added some more part-time hosts.
I think all their hosts are part-time now. Some are only on air 2 or three days a week.
I know they all put in much more time than we see them on air....but even so.

There just doesn't seem to be much to say or observe lately.
The clothing us over priced. The hosts are who they are...with their personality quirks, I mean.
Jane Tracey and Susan Graver still can never shut up.
Kim Gravel still wears too much make up. Mary Beth Roe still says "bagels" and has her neck rings (sorry to nit-pick at a personal appearance issue she can't control...but they are what they are)
Alberti is a challenge to watch -- and Kirstin L still and unwatchable, instant click.
Etc.....
For some odd reason I've watched QVC for years, but mostly for In The Kitchen With David because I'm a foodie. But, I've pretty much given up on him - his schtick has gotten really old, as is his viewership. The old ladies just love him because he's a big ol' Southern mommah's boy and gay as the day is long. So am I (well, half... I'm gay, not Southern) so it's not an anti-gay thing because I adore Alberti and want to order him for the holidays! David's just gotten predictable... and big as a house.

My problem with Jane Treacy is that she can't shut up about the daughters. No matter whether she's selling pearls, a screwdriver set or an extension ladder, she always has to bring up the daughter in New York who's some kind of performer. We don't care!

Anyhow, I'm not their target audience but have purchased perhaps one item every other year (mostly when Mary DeAngelis sells it to me - I love her!) but I'm on the outs with them now. I bit on the hook once day when they had an offer to open a Q Card, make a purchase, and get a $60 account credit to use for a future purchase. I opened the card, made a purchase the same day, but the $60 account credit never came. After months went by I reached out to them, and they said my purchase "didn't qualify" but no one could ever explain precisely WHY it "didn't qualify". I finally said "fine, close my Q Card". I'm done with them.

Maybe I'll go over and watch them sell Invicta watches on Shop HQ (which is all they sell)!

Old 12-06-2021, 03:40 AM

Lately I've only ordered about 2 or three times a year rom HSN and QVC combined.

The last purchase I remember OTHER than three different brands of toffee during Xmas in July (to do a tasted taste with friends. I love doing tastes tastes and comparing brands....given that the hosts swear EVERY brand is the best....I WILL BE the judge of that)...was Josie Maran's whipped Argan Oil --ONLY the 6 pack variety of scents -- discounted, like a TSV or This Day/Show or One Time Only.

In the last year and a half I've also ordered: Spurtles (fell for the price. It was an impulse buy. Never used them. Eventually gave them to a friend) Two years ago I ordered the EVO oil sprayers -- again THOUGHT I'd use them. Mine are still in the box. extras I gave to a friend, who IS using hers.

For HSN I think it's a couple of years since I've ordered anything.

Mostly it was holiday candy. But even that I've sort of stopped buying for the most part. Just the toffee for me this year.

There's another thread about ho LOTS of people are NOT buying gifts this year.
I really think QVC/HSN's sales ill be lackluster this season.

I like David a lot. In general, I do wish people would leave him alone about his weight. But if he says "this item is IN STOCK, ready to ship" one more time I'll scream.

Jane Treacy is watchable only in VERY small doses. QVC has told their hosts that stories sell so to use that pitch. Jane once said she PRIDES herself in being able to come up with a story for every item. I just with the stories weren't ALWAYS about HER or her kids or DEAD parents. The stories are so obvious that's it's just enough already.

Susan Grave -- won't shut %#*$% up......Kin Gravel...too much make up and yells......Kerstin...can't stand her.....Leah....that fake high-pitched giggle is an instant click (and she seems unprepared).....Jane Brown.....stammers and can't read the cards/monitor, horrible sales person....Dan's everybody is my good buddy seems so over it and is going through the motions....I feel like he's coasting until retirement.....Alberti is too "energetic"...Lori Goldstein: horrible, her AND her schmattas....Rick: to hyper I've got a deal for you used-car-salesman for me....Kourtney K ...I like her.

I'm the outlier because I LOVE Shawn Killinger. She's a hoot. Also like Rachel. Mary Beth and Pat I hardly see. Plus I'm just over them. You can tell when they don't know the product. Caroline.....watchable but whatever.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I like David a lot. In general, I do wish people would leave him alone about his weight. But if he says "this item is IN STOCK, ready to ship" one more time I'll scream.
Well, maybe not in stock now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/us/bo...ina/index.html

Old 12-19-2021, 08:20 PM

Will be on the lookout for more info.

Didn't hear anything about an explosion.

Read that the body of the young man who died was found by the loading dock.
Isn't a loading dock always near or open to the outside of the building?
How and why did did this person die?

If you're in the loading dock area, just go out that way. (You're already practically outside.)
Was he lost?
IF the loading dock area wasn't open, could he not get the loading dock gates up?

I read he'd only been working there two weeks.

Last edited by selhars; 12-19-2021 at 08:33 PM..

Old 12-21-2021, 04:23 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,936 times
Quote:
Will be on the lookout for more info.

Didn't hear anything about an explosion.

Read that the body of the young man who died was found by the loading dock.
Isn't a loading dock always near or open to the outside of the building?
How and why did did this person die?

If you're in the loading dock area, just go out that way. (You're already practically outside.)
Was he lost?
IF the loading dock area wasn't open, could he not get the loading dock gates up?

I read he'd only been working there two weeks.
My understanding is he was a temp worker.

From what I know, he was sleeping in a trailer. The trailer gets backed up to a door, he was loading the trailer for shipment and decided to "take a nap". There is no quick exit to outside from there.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:07 PM

Looks like the feds are coming in.

Don't know if the headline of this local news site is using the word "arson" as clickbait or if someone knows something they're not sharing with the public as of yet.

https://www.wral.com/authorities-inv...-set/20046956/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products