Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 09:55 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Bumping up.

I expected this forum would get more comments. (That's why I started it.)
Oh, well.

I actually got my cable TV cut off & don't know when I'll get that back or a multi-channel streaming service, so for now, I don't get HSN OR QVC unless I watch on the computer, I guess.

I don't need to buy anything anyway. My last purchase was the Laila Ali Mock-Neck Plush Sweater Knit Tunic I think a month ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 PM

9 posts, read 14,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I actually got my cable TV cut off & don't know when I'll get that back or a multi-channel streaming service, so for now, I don't get HSN OR QVC unless I watch on the computer, I guess.

I don't need to buy anything anyway. My last purchase was the Laila Ali Mock-Neck Plush Sweater Knit Tunic I think a month ago.
HSN and QVC are available on the following free apps Pluto (under the Daytime TV section), XUMO has QVC, HSN, JTV and Shop LC (under the Travel & Lifestyle section) and The Roku App which is free for streaming devices and phones has QVC and HSN (use the search feature to find them & sign up for an acct is required). There might be others but those are the main ones.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:13 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:

It's available on Amazon Firestick, and if you get a digital over-the-air antenna for your TV, QVC and HSN almost always seem to be one of your local stations' sub-channels.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:23 AM

My Mom got me this for Christmas. I really wanted the Deep Juniper color, but had to settle for Deep Ocean.

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-...=160346&TZ=EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
HSN and QVC are available on the following free apps Pluto (under the Daytime TV section), XUMO has QVC, HSN, JTV and Shop LC (under the Travel & Lifestyle section) and The Roku App which is free for streaming devices and phones has QVC and HSN (use the search feature to find them & sign up for an acct is required). There might be others but those are the main ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
It's available on Amazon Firestick, and if you get a digital over-the-air antenna for your TV, QVC and HSN almost always seem to be one of your local stations' sub-channels.

Thanks a lot guys! I don't have an Amazon Firestick, I use Roku. I see this HSN+ QVC app that I need to check out. UNLESS that's just for those who have cable that they pay for.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:21 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
My Mom got me this for Christmas. I really wanted the Deep Juniper color, but had to settle for Deep Ocean.

Thanks a lot guys! I don't have an Amazon Firestick, I use Roku. I see this HSN+ QVC app that I need to check out. UNLESS that's just for those who have cable that they pay for.
Oh heck no - I don't have cable and watch the QVC+/HSN+ app on my Fire TV. Put it this way - it's in their best interest to get their products in as many households as humanly possible. It's free over-the-air in many markets if you just stick a digital antenna on your TV. In my locale, I can see QVC, HSN as well as JTV on a digital subchannel.

Old 12-16-2022, 04:10 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
[quote=Forever Blue;64598152]My Mom got me this for Christmas. I really wanted the Deep Juniper color, but had to settle for Deep Ocean.

That's really nice. To me, that brand seems so crazy priced but I know people really love Barefoot Dreams.
I think I have seen it in Nordstrom Rack, still quite pricey.
I'm sure you're going to love wearing it. Looks so cozy

Old 12-16-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Oh heck no - I don't have cable and watch the QVC+/HSN+ app on my Fire TV. Put it this way - it's in their best interest to get their products in as many households as humanly possible. It's free over-the-air in many markets if you just stick a digital antenna on your TV. In my locale, I can see QVC, HSN as well as JTV on a digital subchannel.

Right! I still have to check if I can watch from that app.

[quote=Mayvenne;64606193]
Quote:

[url]https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-CozyChic-Lite-Half-Zip-Tunic.product.A516089.html?cm_ven=ORDERCONFIRM&cm_ cat=BODY_TRAN1&cm_pla=ITEMORDERED_160346&cm_ite=NU MBERANDDESCRIPTION&p1=1CB70EDE-CCAF-4231-8843-88F582D56CF4&p2=B551B407-9E39-40CA-BFDC-EC69FDD14AA7&utm_campaign=160346&TZ=EST[/url

That's really nice. To me, that brand seems so crazy priced but I know people really love Barefoot Dreams.
I think I have seen it in Nordstrom Rack, still quite pricey.
I'm sure you're going to love wearing it. Looks so cozy

Thanks! It was at a better sale price than it is now ($79.98).

Old 12-24-2022, 04:40 AM

417 posts, read 454,749 times
I just saw that Nick Chavez, who was a QVC vendor for a long long time, passed away yesterday of pancreatic cancer.
I never purchased any, but I know he was a very well loved guest and people seemed to adore his products.

Old 12-26-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
I just saw that Nick Chavez, who was a QVC vendor for a long long time, passed away yesterday of pancreatic cancer.
I never purchased any, but I know he was a very well loved guest and people seemed to adore his products.

Yes, I've seen him many times on QVC & I got a few of his products, I believe. Only 66, which is way too young in my book.

HEre we go again, another person dying young. The 56 - 79 age range of many humans isn't nearly long enough for me. I've said it before & I'll say it again. I wish we lived as they did in biblical times...several hundred, but we don't know how they counted time/years back then. I'll settle for 120-150 years.

Old 03-13-2023, 09:52 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
There have been more layoffs at QVC/HSN.....400 people, including several on-air hosts:

-- Carolyn Gracie -- 19 years QVC
-- Dan Hughes -- 33 years QVC
-- Shannon Smith -- 27 years HSN
-- Shannon Fox -- 9 years HSN
-- Lesley Ann Machado -- 12 years HSN

Wow.
Qurate -- QVC/HSN's parent company -- has been losing viewers and see declines in revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products