Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM

65 posts, read 211,504 times

Advertisements

I first saw these advertised on QVC and thought they were pretty neat since I always have candles burning. I picked up one at the store made by Glade, it was alright but looking at buying a really nice one from online or a dept store. So, I am asking people out in df land if they have, or have had flameless candles, how they liked them, what company or manufacturer they think is the most realistic looking, the ones with the wick, and w/o......so on and so on. I hate to waste my money on something that looks fake you know? Also, I don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for it, of course....hehehe!
So what does everyone think of them, and which ones are the best?
Please don't tell me to do a search online because I have been doing this for 3hours and really haven't come up with a decision because I need to know from peoples experience of the product versus the advertisement of the product.
I just read a review of one gentleman obtaining several tea light flameless candles at the dollar store.......for a dollar each, hhhhmmm. I haven't seen them anywhere besides the Glade.

Any experience with these candles? anyone? I am ready to buy some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 04:54 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
That is a good question. How do they work exactly? What is a flameless candle ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
They contain an LED light that has a semi-random pulsing of power to it. That makes it imitate the flicker of a candle.

On one hand, candles are some of the most dangerous and polluting things in many homes. The unburned soot is horrible for lungs and messes up walls and ceilings, and the fire danger is obvious. On the other hand, the fake candles wear out batteries fairly quickly, and don't have the same subjective feel as a small open flame.

I got a couple for DW to use over Christmas. Neither of us even bothered to turn them on. I guess they might have some use in a power failure.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:15 PM

85 posts, read 262,781 times
I've got the Glade one, it doesn't give off much of an aroma though. Recently I've been using the Febreze candles and saving the glasses they come in.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
I got a few of the little flameless tealights at Christmas.
I did use them one night over the holidays, and then again about a month ago, and I like them pretty much--the batteries are still working (though I did buy extra.) The only thing I don't like is that the flame is kinda yellow and fake looking, but when I use the tealights inside these little metal lanterns I have, you don't really notice the fakeness.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 PM

506 posts, read 2,149,716 times
My MIL has several of the small battery operated votive candles that she uses during dinners, etc. They look nice and the flickering light is clean and safe. She first saw them being used in a tour of historic homes, which made so much sense due to fire hazards, and sought them out for herself. I think the batteries in each last for about an evening and that's about all. The batteries are small, flat, round ones.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Thank you all for your responses. I had not known any of that.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products