Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:08 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times

Advertisements

Not only that, Target's staff is ridiculously lazy. I've only gone there a couple of times the last few years, but when I go there is a gaggle of employees standing up front doing nothing while the self checkout takes over and there is one real checkout line open ten people deep. I look for something up and down the aisles and there is no employee to be found. The last time I bought many items I checked out at the return desk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 10:10 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not only that, Target's staff is ridiculously lazy. I've only gone there a couple of times the last few years, but when I go there is a gaggle of employees standing up front doing nothing while the self checkout takes over and there is one real checkout line open ten people deep. I look for something up and down the aisles and there is no employee to be found. The last time I bought many items I checked out at the return desk.
And at Walmart the employees go out of their way to greet you and ask if there's anything they can help you with; plus you'll never see any of them loafing, they are good workers and are not miserable by any means.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:45 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
And at Walmart the employees go out of their way to greet you and ask if there's anything they can help you with; plus you'll never see any of them loafing, they are good workers and are not miserable by any means.
I can't tell, but I hope you are being sarcastic.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:54 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,764,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It's "Walmart is The Promised Land" day around here, AFAICT.

May the Waltons, peace and blessings be upon them, smile on your transaction.

Old 05-11-2019, 05:01 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'd forgotten to mention the part about the terrible checkout experience. I don't see a "gaggle" of employees standing around but they generally only have 2-3 regular registers open. I HATE stores pushing the self-checkout - I personally feel like if they want me to do their job (saving them money on employees) - there should be a discount!

Old 05-11-2019, 05:13 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,764,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I HATE stores pushing the self-checkout - I personally feel like if they want me to do their job (saving them money on employees) - there should be a discount!
What, and cut the absolutely justified owner and shareholder profit? Whaddarya, some kinda commie?

Old 05-11-2019, 05:57 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
It's "Walmart is The Promised Land" day around here, AFAICT.

May the Waltons, peace and blessings be upon them, smile on your transaction.
LOL, where can I find that Walmart? Because it's nothing like the one I just got back from buying $150 of groceries at. Where I still couldn't get half the items on my list, because they hadn't been re-stocked since the last time I was there three weeks before. Then I had to wait 25 minutes at one of only two check stands open in the store. But the nightmare still wasn't over. I tried to avoid the Nazi guard at the door, by going out the In Door, but I failed. The 16 year old Nazi yelled, "Hey you. Stop right there. Let me see your receipt." Then he proceeded to spend 15 minutes unpacking all of my bags and rescanning everything with a hand scanner. Time shopping: 10 minutes, time checking out: 40 minutes. I won't even mention the dirty sticky floors, and cluttered aisles, that make it difficult to get through the store.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:52 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Not sarcastic, truthful.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:15 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
What, and cut the absolutely justified owner and shareholder profit? Whaddarya, some kinda commie?
- Couldn't rep you again.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:48 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
Well my experience re Target and Walmart is the exact opposite.
Target is a pleasure to shop in, and employees frequently ask if I need help finding something (and even can actually help find the item!!) . The cashiers are totally pleasant. Stores are clean and bright and orderly.

Walmart i have to brace myself.... but there are a few items they carry reliably that no one else does so i go there. The Walmarts near me are not well maintained.
I guess it might be a regional thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products