Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:30 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times

Advertisements

In today's world, why would anyone even THINK of being rude to a cashier when your rudeness could be filmed for thousands to see -- and especially one who was only trying to be nice and friendly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkrEXoZUG8

Last edited by katharsis; 07-31-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 11:47 AM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
There should be no reasons. Well mannered people with class will be nice to everyone, no matter what. Being rude isn't just in their vocabulary.
A person can express their concerns in a civilized way, without calling names, using profanities, or being condescending.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:00 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
There should be no reasons. Well mannered people with class will be nice to everyone, no matter what. Being rude isn't just in their vocabulary.
A person can express their concerns in a civilized way, without calling names, using profanities, or being condescending.
Being well mannered is something of a lost art these days, unfortunately, but you are absolutely right.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:05 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Because lots of people don't care how they make other person feel like.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel . (Maya Angelou)

Old 07-31-2017, 02:44 PM

132 posts, read 107,771 times
Poor cashier. God bless her for being the way she is. Horrible people think they can speak any way they please to a cashier or a customer service person. They think the person will take it because they are limited in what they can say in return because they are on the job, which is true. Nasty, undesirable things!

Been there when I was a cashier. The huge majority of people I dealt with were perfectly normal, many were friendly. I was friendly, especially when I got enough sleep. I worked various shifts, sometimes double shifts. The very few nasty folks that came in over the years could ruin my shift easily. Nasty people need to shop online and not go out in public!

Old 07-31-2017, 06:59 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
If you have ever read the book Nickled and Dimed in America , you would never be rude to retail workers. It was written by an undercover reporter who worked as a maid, a retail worker and a waitress. It is both heartbreaking and discouraging that these people are so maligned and disregarded .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-16-2017 at 01:39 PM..

Old 08-01-2017, 01:32 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,079,840 times
Honestly, I had a hard time understanding who was saying what and in RESPONSE to what in that video. Sounded like something had just happened, then someone was filming the woman on the left (presumably without her permission and maybe even without her knowledge), and that woman on the left (she's the one everyone thinks is rude?) said a few times that maybe the cashier "overdid" some of her "happy talk" in her interaction with someone else (not shown on the video)?

It got nasty at the end but that seemed to be between the woman on the left and someone ELSE (not the cashier on the right -- but someone in FRONT of the woman on the left -- probably the person who was recording?).

Note, I am not in any way saying that it is EVER acceptable to be rude to cashiers or other service workers. I just can't really figure out what's going on here.

(And incidentally, if someone were filming me when I was just waiting in line, I would be very annoyed to say the least. I don't think the woman on the left realized she was being recorded?)

Old 08-01-2017, 06:08 AM

132 posts, read 107,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Honestly, I had a hard time understanding who was saying what and in RESPONSE to what in that video. Sounded like something had just happened, then someone was filming the woman on the left (presumably without her permission and maybe even without her knowledge), and that woman on the left (she's the one everyone thinks is rude?) said a few times that maybe the cashier "overdid" some of her "happy talk" in her interaction with someone else (not shown on the video)?

It got nasty at the end but that seemed to be between the woman on the left and someone ELSE (not the cashier on the right -- but someone in FRONT of the woman on the left -- probably the person who was recording?).

Note, I am not in any way saying that it is EVER acceptable to be rude to cashiers or other service workers. I just can't really figure out what's going on here.

(And incidentally, if someone were filming me when I was just waiting in line, I would be very annoyed to say the least. I don't think the woman on the left realized she was being recorded?)
You have to watch the video a few times and turn the sound up high. I too was confused the first time, but tried again and it became perfectly clear how obnoxious the woman being recorded was. Frankly, I wish every other customer in that store would have lined up to tell her off after she took her frustrations out on a person simply doing her job! That horrible b***h had the nerve to tell that poor woman how to act, while she acted like a rude b***h to her!? I hope this video goes viral. Maybe she'll do a 180 & change her evil ways....like Scrooge!

Old 08-01-2017, 10:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
I don't need a reason to be nice to a cashier outside of the fact that cashiers are human beings worthy of civil & respectful treatment.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Low wage Kohls employees take a lot of abuse - from rude customers with a plethora of competing coupons with different conditions and expiry dates, to their employer who messes with hours, doesn't trust them, spies on them, and offers $100 to snitch on other employees. I'm amazed that they remain so friendly and calm. Overall, I don't understand people's rude behavior to low wage retail and restarant staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products