Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 06:55 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Because they're **** simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMMNvYTEyI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM

61,723 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
Please tell me why people went crazy buying toilet paper?? What was the reason for this?
Because most people seem to be worried about just two things: food and poop.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:59 PM

1,517 posts, read 990,994 times
Quote:
Please tell me why people went crazy buying toilet paper?? What was the reason for this? I, nor my wife never bought anything other than normal groceries. Did people think the world was ending? Why toilet paper? I have to add, I live with
Because they're idiots with no common sense. Remember, you bought it, you're stuck with it!

But I really can't complain too much. Read the line of text beneath my handle. They're job security.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,343 times
I thought they should have included in the stimulus package at least a free pack of toilet paper for each American. Like a 12 pack and you would get a voucher and go pick it up at specific pick up points. This would make it where we wouldn't be driving all around searching stores for it.
It's going to take a while for the stimulus money/checks to arrive, so with this they'd have time to set up this toilet paper
distribution. Maybe I should have gotten with the members of congress or maybe Trump or Pelosi. Yeah right!

Old 03-26-2020, 01:32 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Read The Bell Curve.

That's why there is such a gap between ... o hell, I don't even care any more.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:01 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,684,176 times
Panic leads to stupidity. We are creatures that follow. You see an empty shelf, you panic and follow the masses to do the same.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:24 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think there were several reasons stockpiled toilet paper.

When you are warned (early on, we were warned) that this virus might cause shortages as supply chains began to dry up, to stock up for a couple of weeks worth of stuff you might need...people did.

Then people were told if they caught the virus, you'd be quarantined for 2 weeks, in your homes. And so people bought more.

Then people were being told to shelter in place, to flatten the curve, and a LOT of companies have sent their employees home. So now you have all these people home, using their toilet paper at home (as opposed to doing their business at work) so MORE use for toilet paper at home.

And then whenever there's bad news, there are opportunists who take advantage of the situation and stock pile to extreme measures, and try to sale it back to the public at exorbitant prices.

We don't need toilet paper in our household yet. Probably not for another couple of weeks.
Add to it the kids are out of school in some states which equals needing more TP on hand.

I haven't hoarded TP. I bought some about 2 weeks ago; then got some last week. It goes faster with the 2 kids here, especially the 3 year old if we turn our backs on her. She can wipe 1/2 the roll out

Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
[quote=ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?;57667532]Relief is on the way. The President will likely enact his "Wartime President" powers to press Santa and his Elves into service to re-stock store shelves....

Maybe Credence Clearwater will re-band to send a message to the 60 plus crowd to shelter in place, not go out (especially at night) and avoid public restrooms in favor of their own in the home...

"Don't go round tonight
For it's bound to take your life
There's a bathroom on the right"[/quote]

ANOTHER song on my COVID19 playlist. LOL

Along with "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
"I'm so Tired of Being Alone"
Doo Doo Doo Lookin Out my Backdoor"

Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Because most people seem to be worried about just two things: food and poop.
The situation has really caught people coming and going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

ANOTHER song on my COVID19 playlist. LOL

Along with "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
"I'm so Tired of Being Alone"
Doo Doo Doo Lookin Out my Backdoor"
We're both on a roll here... LOL

Adds new meaning to "Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door oh boy!"....

Old 03-26-2020, 07:37 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
The situation has really caught people coming and going...

We're both on a roll here... LOL

Adds new meaning to "Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door oh boy!"....
Exactly! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products