Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:59 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times

Advertisements

Well get ready for the very near future. We were informally told that the USPS might go back to the pre scanner and tracking SOP rules of avoid overtime at all cost rather than get the piece out no matter the price. Many a carrier has gone on a $40 penalty overtime trip to deliver 1 item because it carried a bar code and was from Amazon over the past decade. So an extra day's worth delay as carriers just take what they can carry in 8 hours and rotate the the remainder for next day delivery will start soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 07:16 PM

496 posts, read 446,072 times
I had two bills last month that were reported as late payment even though I paid and posted them on time. Very strange, because I've never had a late payment before for anything.

I've since moved most of my bill paying to be direct debit or online, because I feared this could well be due to the current situation and I didn't want it to continue and become a credit risk.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 PM

1,517 posts, read 991,344 times
Quote:
Since Kohl's shipped it from San Bernardino, CA, I presume it is going via ground (Local First Class and Zones 1-4 normally go via ground, while Zones 5 and up go via air).
San Bernaghetto regional tandem (924) can be horrifically slow to put traffic through. Any slower and it'd be on par with 191. I'm only two states away and it's sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for even small packages (like CDs) going through 924 to get here..... *if* they even make it out of that tandem and into the greater postal network. This is nothing unusual though I can't imagine that the current situation is helping it any.

Hope you got a tracking number.

Last edited by Ttark; 04-01-2020 at 08:48 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 09:34 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post
San Bernaghetto regional tandem (924) can be horrifically slow to put traffic through. Any slower and it'd be on par with 191. I'm only two states away and it's sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for even small packages (like CDs) going through 924 to get here..... *if* they even make it out of that tandem and into the greater postal network. This is nothing unusual though I can't imagine that the current situation is helping it any.

Hope you got a tracking number.
I got my package today. While it shipped from the Kohl's warehouse is in San Bernardino, it actually made two stops before arriving in Phoenix. Oddly, it made a stop at the USPS Moreno Valley CA Distribution Center before it made a stop at the USPS San Bernardino CA Distribution Center. The previous time I had a Kohl's shipment from their warehouse San Bernardino it only made a stop in Moreno Valley before arriving in Phoenix, bypassing the USPS plant in San Bernardino.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
I had two bills last month that were reported as late payment even though I paid and posted them on time. Very strange, because I've never had a late payment before for anything.

I've since moved most of my bill paying to be direct debit or online, because I feared this could well be due to the current situation and I didn't want it to continue and become a credit risk.
If you are being assessed a late fee and you truly have a stellar payment record upmto now, contact them and ask that it be reversed.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:45 PM

496 posts, read 446,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
If you are being assessed a late fee and you truly have a stellar payment record upmto now, contact them and ask that it be reversed.
I did, they wouldn't do anything. Told them I'd had them 8 years and never a late payment, their response just a fake "oh wow." Of course, they told me any late payments starting in April would have the late fees waved, last month's was not eligible.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:05 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
I had missing mail pieces on Saturday (neighbors brought by), no mail Monday, and a package from Amazon that says delivery was attempted on 4/10 (despite being 4/8 at the time).

USPS must be struggling now.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:24 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,257,507 times
Quote:

Just a hint. I know from experience that, if you've never had a late payment, AT&T will erase the late payment fee when it finally happens. Maybe some of the others will also. In fact some businesses are actually posting that there will be no late fees for - is it two months. Something like that. So, always ask. You may be surprised.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:27 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,257,507 times
Quote:
I did, they wouldn't do anything. Told them I'd had them 8 years and never a late payment, their response just a fake "oh wow." Of course, they told me any late payments starting in April would have the late fees waved, last month's was not eligible.

Sorry, folks. I didn't see these before I posted. I guess you can run into a dud here and there but I think most will be reasonable. It's a chance for them to build good will. hazel

Old 04-07-2020, 08:38 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I had missing mail pieces on Saturday (neighbors brought by), no mail Monday, and a package from Amazon that says delivery was attempted on 4/10 (despite being 4/8 at the time).

USPS must be struggling now.
It is district/station dependent. Since the start of the panic 3 weeks ago we have been basically on a 12 hours on and off schedule and they are now trying to get a second day off during the week for carriers as in normal operations because they can't continue to surge indefinitely.

Yet I am hearing on postal workers sites that in other districts, because of the lack of letters and without the Christmas season level of parcels that I am seeing, that they are trying to get people to take vacation leave to round out their guaranteed 8 hour tour if not take a week now with nowhere to go because of lockdowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products