Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I did that on Sunday. One of the great advantages of living where there are Blue Laws is that even if Sunday happens to be Christmas Eve you can still go grocery shopping without a crowd or traffic, as long as you go before 1:00.

As soon as I get off this darn thing, I am going food shopping too. We are out of left-overs!!! I took off this week to get stuff done around the house - touch up painting inside and out but it's wet, damp, raining on and off (I like to paint ), sorting and dumping old files, closet clean up, shed clean up and will hit the stores sometime later this week. But all these activities are so boringggggg and the weather is not motivating AT ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
As soon as I get off this darn thing, I am going food shopping too. We are out of left-overs!!! I took off this week to get stuff done around the house - touch up painting inside and out but it's wet, damp, raining on and off (I like to paint ), sorting and dumping old files, closet clean up, shed clean up and will hit the stores sometime later this week. But all these activities are so boringggggg and the weather is not motivating AT ALL!
Sounds like my week. We have GOT TO clean out closets BIG TIME. I am soooooooooo dreading it. I've even got to clean out the closet that has my Christmas Tree and all the decorations. Why? Cause I bought all new stuff this year and in order to put it all up somewhere I've got to get the old stuff out. urgh......... But the tree has a new home to go to so for that I am happy.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:18 AM

613 posts, read 798,467 times
Quote:
I did that on Sunday. One of the great advantages of living where there are Blue Laws is that even if Sunday happens to be Christmas Eve you can still go grocery shopping without a crowd or traffic, as long as you go before 1:00.
You mean there are still Blue Law's? I didn't know that. I can remember as a kid here in Texas where we couldn't buy anything but food on Sunday's! That has been forever ago!

I am back at work today but may run to Office Depot after work and pick up some photo and copy paper...totally out. But that will be about it for me, so I can make some duplicates of the photos my daughter gave us for Christmas.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
You mean there are still Blue Law's?
Oh yes! County Council held a vote to see if they would suspend them just for this Christmas Eve, since it was a Sunday. They voted no.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:04 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,511 times
Quote:
Oh yes! County Council held a vote to see if they would suspend them just for this Christmas Eve, since it was a Sunday. They voted no.

There is a fuss going on here in Georgia about the sale of alcohol on Sundays. This year, New Years Eve is on Sunday and the local bars, that usually make a killing on that night, will not be serving. We will probably see a decline in accidents on New Years Eve.
I prefer house parties on that evening anyways. Being from Florida, I just found it a bit strange. Gotta get planning !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products