Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 04:21 PM

315 posts, read 300,638 times

Advertisements

My last two pair of shoes I bought online through the top three shoe retailers. I'd have to say that I had found it very convenient and trully considering making this the only way I shop for shoes.

How many of you think online shoe shopping is the better way to go compared to hopping from store to store in the real world trying to find the right color/size/brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 04:35 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,201,134 times
As someone for whom 6E shoes are almost wide enough, my only real option is buying online — primarily Hitchcock/WideShoes.com, but I have found some on Amazon and Zappos. Most places have excellent fitting assistance and/or easy return/exchanges.

Just DON'T wear the shoes for more than a few steps on carpeting if you want to return them.

My irritation (literal and figurative) comes when makers change a shoe. I wore NB "postal walker" for years, then got a pair, in my established size, that almost crippled me when I wore them new for a long day on my feet. And then something will get discontinued (Dunham fisherman sandals, for example) and there are no good substitutes.

But those with more normal sizes should have no problem.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:45 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,938 times
As long as the store has a good return policy, buying online is my preferred method since the selection is larger than a brick and mortar store. I have bought running shoes, business casual and dress shoes online. Only once did I risk it and bought some dress shoes from England. Good thing I had a pair already so knew how that brand fit my foot.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:29 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I need to try on the shoes in person, I'd never buy online. I've seen the same size shoes (same as clothes ) - from the same manufacturer that aren't sized the same. Good for those that it works for.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:46 PM

143 posts, read 111,690 times
I have grumpy feet that don't like a lot of shoes. My usual habit is to try something on in a store and then look for it cheaper online if I find them to be too pricey. And then I wait for emails that the sites are having 30% off sales. Also helps if where you order from has free return shipping.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:03 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
I once bought two pairs of Nautica loafers for a good price on Amazon in two different sizes and had no issues. Returned one of them at Kohl's. Just don't abuse the return policy too often.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:25 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
My podiatrist suggested I wear Vionic shoes. He mentioned they sell on QVC, among other places. So I am replacing shoes as needed with Vionics. I have also ordered from the Vionic website. I have not had any issues at all with either venue. The shoes are to size and fit and feel great. Both sites have a great return policy so it would be easy to return if necessary.

Vionic.com and QVC.com.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:58 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
The correct website for Vionic is http://www.vionicshoes.com. The other site is a company that has something to do with marketing.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:28 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheuss View Post
My last two pair of shoes I bought online through the top three shoe retailers. I'd have to say that I had found it very convenient and trully considering making this the only way I shop for shoes.

How many of you think online shoe shopping is the better way to go compared to hopping from store to store in the real world trying to find the right color/size/brand.
Not fair, I'm a man and shoe shopping is not one of my hobbies. Met and dated a few women in my time who have that as a primary hobby. I am not going to throw stones as I've spent enough money on guns and motorcycles over the years to be quite the hypocrite if so.

I just bought a second pair of Sperry boat shoes online at a random retailer. It might even have been eBay. The price was completely fair. My 1st pair of these is from 2013 and was purchased with the help of a fashion conscious girlfriend. She got it totally right. For some reason this dawned on me past few months so I bought a second pair, this time in charcoal. I think they are still stylish and boy I'll tell you they wear like a million bux. I could not be happier.

When I need athletic shoes I mostly stick with a couple brands and models. That makes shopping online a no brainer. Those definitely have a shot clock, if used properly. Letting shoes go beyond their shot clock is an invitation to foot injuries. I discovered this about 15 years ago when I ran often as a hobby.

So for me it's pretty easy, and I haven't had to turn a pair back in yet, although that's a good option to have.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:42 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I need to try on the shoes in person, I'd never buy online. I've seen the same size shoes (same as clothes ) - from the same manufacturer that aren't sized the same. Good for those that it works for.

^^^ This! me too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products