Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 12:26 PM

195 posts, read 274,674 times

Advertisements

So I feel stupid - I've never fell for a fake website before...Was on google ads after I went back to figure out what the heck I did...

I was on my phone as I was in a rush, went to buy some Hydroflask water bottles, saw they were on sale, ordered it and its arrived and its CLEARLY not Hydroflask. Image is identical, but its clearly a chinese fake copy of the website that somehow google took me there.

Think Paypal will let me dispute this and get my money back, or am I going to eat this mistake? Paid via my credit card via Paypal

Last edited by ps2cho; 09-22-2020 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 05:31 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
So I feel stupid - I've never fell for a fake website before...Was on google ads after I went back to figure out what the heck I did...

I was on my phone as I was in a rush, went to buy some Hydroflask water bottles, saw they were on sale, ordered it and its arrived and its CLEARLY not Hydroflask. Image is identical, but its clearly a chinese fake copy of the website that somehow google took me there.

Think Paypal will let me dispute this and get my money back, or am I going to eat this mistake? Paid via my credit card via Paypal
All I can say is open a dispute with Paypal and really use words that are related to this being a scam. Lay it on thick but truthful. It is all in the wording whether one gets a refund or not in any matter of unhappiness with a product or service. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
All I can say is open a dispute with Paypal and really use words that are related to this being a scam. Lay it on thick but truthful. It is all in the wording whether one gets a refund or not in any matter of unhappiness with a product or service. Good luck!
If Paypal goes against me for any reason, I can charge back on my credit card since I used it correct?

Old 09-22-2020, 10:45 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Depending on your credit card, if you used the card as payment to PayPal and not directly to the vendor, the dispute may be against PayPal. If PayPal properly performed their duties in the transaction, your card issuer may agree you got the "service" you paid for. Now, if you purchased this through a PayPal site, that may go in your favor. However, if you just blindly ordered from someone you have no idea who they were and used PayPal as the payment option, the fight may rest between you and PayPal, not with the credit card company.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:45 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Call the credit card company, tell them you're disputing the charge and why, they'll in turn freeze that charge, investigate and then let you know the results of their finding. That's the way our CC company has helped us.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:06 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Call the credit card company, tell them you're disputing the charge and why, they'll in turn freeze that charge, investigate and then let you know the results of their finding. That's the way our CC company has helped us.
All the options mentioned make sense, but we have always found the credit card company to be the most responsive and always got resolution.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:56 AM

Update: Paypal says the seller will issue full refund if I ship the product back to China....It was sent to me from California.

USPS says its illegal to ship counterfeit products in outbound mail...might be time to just call the CC company as I'm not paying a crazy cost to ship something to China that never originated from there.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2cho View Post
Update: Paypal says the seller will issue full refund if I ship the product back to China....It was sent to me from California.

USPS says its illegal to ship counterfeit products in outbound mail...might be time to just call the CC company as I'm not paying a crazy cost to ship something to China that never originated from there.
Call the CC company but also look at the return policy for the item. If it doesn’t say must return to China then that’s not something you should be expected to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products