Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 07:57 AM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times

Advertisements

Pandemic or not, the federal mail order/online order delivery regulations have not changed. The rules are still being enforced. So, if the business is not adhering to the required delivery regulations, and the consumer has not been conned into waiving those rights, the law is on the side of the consumer, not the seller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 11:21 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Presumably people realize that we are in a pandemic - places need to reduce staffing, install more "hopefully" things to reduce risks, etc. This is NOT the "normal" that we enjoyed before and I don't think we will have that again anytime soon if ever. Cut people and companies a break.
This might have been true in the early days of COVID. Now, I think most are well past that initial stage and things should be getting closer to pre COVID days.

Old 10-09-2020, 02:46 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Not so much we realize there is a pandemic, rather companies are not setting the expectation. They let you order, then mention it could be delayed two more weeks up to a month give or take. Now 2.5 months later still nothing, they did say today it will be delivered on Oct 23, three months and 3 days.

I went into the store to follow, just as a test first mentioned then same Sofa and they told me in the showroom 2-4 weeks. LOL. I get they need to still make sale, but they should not get upset with their customers get anxious when the date flies by.

My worry the pandemic is creating hardship on companies, you don't get the product and they go into bankruptcy, what happens to our $4,800 some-odd dollars??
There are delays in furniture deliveries from virtually all furniture retailers. Most furniture is from China or Vietnam, and their factories were closed for months. They are still trying to catch up. Now, the west coast ports are backing up because of the tremendous amount of backlogged shipping. Once the merchandise clears the ports, it has to be processed thru each retailer’s distribution system, which is probably understaffed. Any delay within this chain can set your delivery date back by weeks. Now the same thing is beginning to happen with mattresses, although to a lesser extent. Virtually all mattresses, with the exception of the lowest of the low end, are made in the United States, but some of their raw materials are being redirected to manufacture PPE.

Were you already charged for your furniture? A reputable retailer shouldn’t charge you until you actually take delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products