Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 12:12 PM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up for you cooks. Costco is selling a Tremontia enamel dutch oven set, 2 sizes, for $70. They are well made and the finish is nice and smooth. They are very nice pots. They are substantially heavy, which is a plus for Dutch ovens, heavy cast iron.

For those of you who wish you could afford Le Creuset but just can't, those pots will get the job done.

I've got two enameled dutch ovens that were economy purchases, and they work great, but the finish on them is nothing like these new pots I just bought at Costco.

(why I try to stay out of Costco. The impulse buys are hard on my budget)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 10:39 PM

6,153 posts, read 4,527,770 times
Oh, the blue ones are so beautiful!

Old 01-07-2021, 02:56 PM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
The blue ones are indeed beautiful.

My son said to get the red ones so they would match my existing enameled cast iron, but I got the blue ones because they are so beautiful.

My red ones are probably on their way to the humane society thrift store because I now have better ones.

Old 01-07-2021, 03:38 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Just a heads up for you cooks. Costco is selling a Tremontia enamel dutch oven set, 2 sizes, for $70. They are well made and the finish is nice and smooth. They are very nice pots. They are substantially heavy, which is a plus for Dutch ovens, heavy cast iron.

For those of you who wish you could afford Le Creuset but just can't, those pots will get the job done.

I've got two enameled dutch ovens that were economy purchases, and they work great, but the finish on them is nothing like these new pots I just bought at Costco.

(why I try to stay out of Costco. The impulse buys are hard on my budget)

Costco is the main drag on my budget. Great things, great prices.... and may not be there when you come back.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-07-2021, 06:49 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,192,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Costco is the main drag on my budget. Great things, great prices.... and may not be there when you come back.
I went to Sam's yesterday to get a couple of boxes of their beer battered Cod and spent $208.27.

I go to club stores infrequently enough that I sometimes get carried away when I'm there....

Old 01-07-2021, 07:18 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I went to Sam's yesterday to get a couple of boxes of their beer battered Cod and spent $208.27.

I go to club stores infrequently enough that I sometimes get carried away when I'm there....

If my Costco bill was ever 208 I would celebrate by doing another round through the store.

In all fairness, we moved a year ago, so a lot of things need to be bought.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-08-2021, 04:48 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,192,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If my Costco bill was ever 208 I would celebrate by doing another round through the store.
Haha!

Old 01-08-2021, 05:49 AM

7,387 posts, read 3,542,914 times
I bought high quality stuff in my 20's but now I look around my kitchen and get depressed at my cookware. It's all old, worn out. As much as I would love to get an All-clad pot set, new Wusthof knifes + block, nice dutch oven, quality non stick pans it would probably cost me $1,200. I was going to buy a new vacuum cleaner this year but my dog got sick and the money went to vet bills

Quality cookware seems so unattainable with all the other expenses in life

Old 01-08-2021, 07:22 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,338,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I bought high quality stuff in my 20's but now I look around my kitchen and get depressed at my cookware. It's all old, worn out. As much as I would love to get an All-clad pot set, new Wusthof knifes + block, nice dutch oven, quality non stick pans it would probably cost me $1,200. I was going to buy a new vacuum cleaner this year but my dog got sick and the money went to vet bills

Quality cookware seems so unattainable with all the other expenses in life
If it had been high quality it wouldn't be worn out now.

My Farberware pots and pans are going on 50 years old and are just fine except that the black plastic handles have turned a bit grey. I have two cast iron skillets, one over 35 years old and the other one I think dates back to the 1930s. Knives are a grab bag but I've got a few that date back to the 70s (Ekco brand I believe). The Corning Ware cornflower casseroles date back to the early 70s and before.

None of this stuff was "high end" or "gourmet" when it was bought, mostly from places like Sears and the local hardware store.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 AM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
I'm STILL using corning ware dishes that are in excess of 50 years old. My cast iron skillet is at least 40 years old.....Not all GOOD things are "high end".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products