Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 06:22 AM

50,850 posts, read 36,551,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Spend $35, go to Walmart and park and they will put purchases in your car. Only problem is sometimes if you ask for generic brands, you will get the expensive ones instead.
But you can choose to accept them or not, either before you get there when they send you the link, or at your car. You can also mark all of your items “do not substitute.”

Before Covid, they used to give you the more expensive item for the price of the item substituted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 06:33 AM

30,189 posts, read 11,827,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Anyone a Walmart+ member for $12.95/mo and is it really worth getting that? I know one of the perks is you'll get Paramount+ included for no extra cost. Also says saving up to 10¢ per gallon at certain Exxons and Mobiles...eh. I see it's free shipping. I never got many things delivered from Walmart.

I just don't want to start getting any more higher recurring bills if I don't really need to. I was fine with $1-5/mo for the streaming service alone. TIA.

Last time I tried to order something from Walmart it was a few years back. I ordered a cell phone for my mom. Needed it delivered on time and I was out of state so I could not just buy it and drop it off. For some reason it flagged as a suspicious transaction and it took days to get them to approve it. Stuck with Amazon after that.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:00 AM

50,850 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Last time I tried to order something from Walmart it was a few years back. I ordered a cell phone for my mom. Needed it delivered on time and I was out of state so I could not just buy it and drop it off. For some reason it flagged as a suspicious transaction and it took days to get them to approve it. Stuck with Amazon after that.
That sounds like it was your credit card company that flagged it, no? I’ve never heard of a store flagging a product they sell as a suspicious purchase.

Old 10-08-2022, 05:30 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,351,522 times
It does seem like Walmart is heavily pushing Walmart+. Many items that I used to be able to order for normal shipping are now delivery from store or pickup only. I used to be able to order a bunch of bottles of Welch's Sparkling Rosé Grape Juice via normal shipping, but now it is delivery from store or pickup only.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:54 PM

6,107 posts, read 2,732,685 times
I have it including the inhome which is extra I believe. I like their grocery delivery they don't price gouge you like instacart and others. Plus you don't need to tip the delivery person since it's one of the employees from wally delivering the groceries.

Great service well worth the monthly price.

Old 10-14-2022, 02:43 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,338,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I have it including the inhome which is extra I believe. I like their grocery delivery they don't price gouge you like instacart and others. Plus you don't need to tip the delivery person since it's one of the employees from wally delivering the groceries.

I really like Walmart+, too, but the delivery people are contractors, not Walmart employees, and if you can possibly afford a 15% tip, it is deserved. This is little different from any other personal service, and it is customary to tip. I know I have had had up to 12 one gallon jugs of water delivered along with other items. That is a lot to haul in from a delivery vehicle. If they do a good job, a tip is warranted if not mandated.

Does anyone know how much these drivers earn? Is it similar to waitstaff where they are expected to make up their earnings from tips?

Old 10-14-2022, 02:55 PM

4,615 posts, read 3,309,633 times
Quote:

I'm not sure that is correct. For the grocery delivery it's the Walmart employees doing the picking of the stock, but the drivers are independent workers, I think. I like Walmart's service but haven't used Instacart in a long time; both of them seem to be about the same on price, now that Walmart charges for delivery (when they first started, they didn't charge for delivery so they were cheaper than Instacart.)

Old 10-14-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I'm not sure that is correct. For the grocery delivery it's the Walmart employees doing the picking of the stock, but the drivers are independent workers, I think. I like Walmart's service but haven't used Instacart in a long time; both of them seem to be about the same on price, now that Walmart charges for delivery (when they first started, they didn't charge for delivery so they were cheaper than Instacart.)
Nope, inhome are walmart employees the regular membership they outsource to doordash I know cause I've had walamrt employees show up to my door with groceries from Walmart inhome look it up.

https://inhome.walmart.com/

Old 10-14-2022, 04:04 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,351,522 times
Quote:
Nope, inhome are walmart employees the regular membership they outsource to doordash I know cause I've had walamrt employees show up to my door with groceries from Walmart inhome look it up.

Actually, Walmart just ended their agreement with DoorDash and are now using their own delivery drivers.

Old 10-14-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
I really like Walmart+, too, but the delivery people are contractors, not Walmart employees, and if you can possibly afford a 15% tip, it is deserved. This is little different from any other personal service, and it is customary to tip. I know I have had had up to 12 one gallon jugs of water delivered along with other items. That is a lot to haul in from a delivery vehicle. If they do a good job, a tip is warranted if not mandated.

Does anyone know how much these drivers earn? Is it similar to waitstaff where they are expected to make up their earnings from tips?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products