Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 08:17 AM

7,328 posts, read 12,370,897 times

Advertisements

I am not sure if this goes in House or in Consumer Electronics, so I will post it here.

I was wondering, does anyone here use smart bulbs in their bedrooms? I was thinking about installing some in my bedroom to increase the ambience, to adjust from white to pink and vice-versa. The brand I plan on buying is Sengled (I use the same brand for my holiday lighting).

How is your experience using smart bulbs for bedroom ambience? I recently got an Echo Pop smart speaker for my bedroom, and these would be the perfect companion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 08:25 AM

13,064 posts, read 18,168,969 times
While the new bulbs are better for the pocket and environment, I don't care for them, so no. I don't like the tone of the bulbs. I don't like the cool whites as I find them too hospital like and the warm in my mind is too yellow. I will stick with my old incanny's as song as I can. Just my Opinion, I absolutely HATE them in the bath.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:36 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,665 posts, read 81,421,151 times
Interesting question, but I can't really relate. We only have the light on in the bedroom when getting ready for bed, or getting dressed in the morning, so we just have the normal LED 60 watt equivalent bulbs.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:54 AM

17,482 posts, read 66,188,590 times
There’s nothing better than being IN bed- snuggly and saying…

“Alexa, turn off the lights.” See what I did there!?

Old 11-02-2023, 08:55 AM

4,599 posts, read 2,732,466 times
I just buy whatever's on sale at Big Lots or the grocery store.

In my world, worrying about "smart light bulbs" is so low on the list that I can't even relate. If I flip the switch and there's light, I'm good to go.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:56 AM

4,599 posts, read 2,732,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
There’s nothing better than being IN bed- snuggly and saying…

“Alexa, turn off the lights.” See what I did there!?
Well, I guess for some people it's too difficult to reach over to the nightstand and turn off the light. I'm not THAT decrepit, yet.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:57 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,347,984 times
"Alexa, turn off the light" right before we go to sleep. They're great.

Old 11-02-2023, 09:12 AM

136 posts, read 99,172 times
I love them!

Old 11-02-2023, 09:38 AM

3,808 posts, read 2,338,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, I guess for some people it's too difficult to reach over to the nightstand and turn off the light. I'm not THAT decrepit, yet.

yeah when the light switch is on the wall next to the entry and there's dogs you could step on if the lights were off or a bedframe or something that you could hit your shins or toes on, it's nice to just get ready for bed, get in bed and then tell the lights to turn off or on. It's great. You dont 'have to be "decrepit."

You really seem to be a hateful, insulting little man, aren't you?

Old 11-02-2023, 09:45 AM

4,245 posts, read 6,926,083 times
I love our smart lights. I have smart recessed overhead lights in the bedroom for field coverage when more light is wanted. And then we each have a warm LED (non smart) bulb in our bedside tables with soft diffuse shades.

The bedside lamps are simple touch on/off which is really nice. These are used for general lighting at night.

The overhead lights are used when more light is desired (cleaning, looking for something, getting dressed in the morning/evening in the dark, etc.). These can be controlled via app or voice or switch. For every-day use, we typically turn these on at the switch. However, we can adjust the temperature of the lights in the app either by a schedule or real-time which is really nice. The other smart aspect we use is for scheduling of lights on/off when we are out of town.

Using the smart lights has nothing to do with being 'decrepit'. Not really sure how that relates at all. We have smart lights for the front porch lights and back patio lights as well. Being able to adjust colors is fun and scheduling lights is convenient.

Last edited by Sunbather; 11-02-2023 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products