Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times

Advertisements

I work in retail,I work 2 jobs so I see it all, my 1st job is in a food warehouse and my 2nd job is at a department store. I see rude people and slobs all day and I know their houses must be trashed by the way they treat the stores and their kids running wild playing tag in the store.

Some people just arnt civilized, if you go to wal mart the parking lot is full of shopping carts that people were to lazy to walk their fat azz to put up so they hit your cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Dokie! View Post
I just started a new job at a department store. I work in the shoe department. I can not believe the things people do! Adults act like ape's trying on shoes and just throwing the boxes and shoes all over the place. They let their little ones put on ladies high heel shoe's and stomp and scoot them up and down the Isles.
It is just unbelievable!!!
Just venting.

Okie

oooooh weeeee!

If im rushing I sometimes leave my clothes in the fitting room hanging up (I hate that too)

Sometimes if I pick up something in the grocery store and change my mind I leave it on a shelf (regardless if I got it from that aisle or not but never perishables, I always return milk and meat and other things to the proper refrigerated section)

BUT if I drop something or knock clothes over I always hang them back up properly and if I see something on the floor I pick it up instead of walking over it

Last edited by babigyrl5; 10-30-2008 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-30-2008, 09:33 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I work in retail,I work 2 jobs so I see it all, my 1st job is in a food warehouse and my 2nd job is at a department store. I see rude people and slobs all day and I know their houses must be trashed by the way they treat the stores and their kids running wild playing tag in the store.

Some people just arnt civilized, if you go to wal mart the parking lot is full of shopping carts that people were to lazy to walk their fat azz to put up so they hit your cars.
even in the rain I return my cart because I hate when spots are "taken" by carts or they hit your car

Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado native View Post
C'mon... seriously? Saying that your slovenly ways are keeping people employed? That's just ludicrous self-justification for pi$$-poor etiquette. Don't wanna put it back where you found it? Really? Walking 30 feet is just too much? Please, shoppers of America, please grow the hell up.
Rep point for you

I can't believe people are owning up to such laziness, though it's just the entitlement attitude shining through. Jeezus

Having worked at the front end of retail, I swore never again. It's easy to develop a hatred of the human race. I now work in the back-back end of retail - at the corporate office. Tell ya what, companies do not employ extra people to clean up after the lazy butts. Retail profits are so slim, only as many people necessary to do the basic work of retail are hired. You lazyasses who expect the workerbees to trek after you, cleaning up, are just putting more work on those who have more than enough to do. You should be ashamed.

That extra work, and the damage done to merchandise that has to be thrown away or reduced in price, is called "shrink". It's the #1 goal of any retail enterprise to reduce. Believe me, I've been to enough corporate boo-yah pep rallies where chants are lead to emphasize that. It cuts into profits, reduces sales, and actually leads to people being laid off When costs need to be cut, guess which areas are targeted first? I've worked in the print room of the corporate office often enough, and noticed the number of checks being distributed waver between highs and lows, to gauge how well things are going.

So, go right ahead and scatter merchandise for someone else to have to return - or even put in the discard bin. You are only causing prices to be escalated to recover the cost, and maybe even some poor schmoe to lose their job. Jerks

Last edited by silverwing; 10-30-2008 at 09:50 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 12:38 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
I try to treat shopping like I would if it were my store so I am not a slob. I have raised my kids to put things back, push in chairs, throw away all their trash when eating out and to hold the door for women, elderly or disabled! I am sorry for the ones working in retail how you have to pick up other's messes.

Anybody notice when this thread was started posts were being made of confessions of being a slob until other posts starting coming in slamming people for doing it? Then we sit and wonder why our country has lost it's way when values/manners have been pushed aside.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
I straightened up shoes in a shoeshop before. The employee saw it and I told her that I would come back for my "wage" tomorrow. She laughed it off and I left. Next day I came back in, police were called and I was led out. Its because of my disability that I did this and I took the business to court and the business had to compensate me £100 for the insult. Thats almost a weeks worth of money there.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I straightened up shoes in a shoeshop before. The employee saw it and I told her that I would come back for my "wage" tomorrow. She laughed it off and I left. Next day I came back in, police were called and I was led out. Its because of my disability that I did this and I took the business to court and the business had to compensate me £100 for the insult. Thats almost a weeks worth of money there.
Huh? You mean you purposely did this to be able to sue?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:02 AM

No, I exercised my rights under the Disability Discrimination Act, kinda like Americans and their right to have guns. When it boiled down to it, I realised that I could sue, so I put on my "angst face". They say people with my disability are good at faking, and yes, I have beaten the "box" twice.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
no one that worked there asked you to straighten up their shoes, so why should you get paid anything?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 AM

I was spotted doing it, but as ya'll know that people with the disability that I have are supposed to be literal in their thinking. So I thought I could use that to be average and it paid off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products