Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 12:22 PM

423 posts, read 899,614 times

Advertisements

I know this is not specific to Greenville, but does anyone have any experience with online audio book rentals? I am spending way too much of my income buying bestsellers as soon as they are released and am thinking about joining one of these rental clubs. I'm wondering how hard it is to rent new releases, wait time, etc., and if they have new releases as soon as they are available for purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations? Which clubs have the largest selection of the newest books? I typically have one regular book that I am reading at home as well as 2 audiobooks--one I am listening to in the car and the other I am listening to at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 PM

90 posts, read 374,991 times
Default Online Books

Have you tried the Library?
I get all my newsest movies and bestselling books for free there! You just get on a waiting list and it may take 2-weeks to a month however the savings is enormous. My local Library has an audio book section maybe yours does too. I also purchase used magazines like Good Housekeeping and House Beautiful for 10-cents each. With the price of video movie rentals going up at Blockbuster to about $5.00 a movie it really makes a difference in ones budget. Hope you find this useful
tcar509

Old 11-01-2008, 08:01 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,969,726 times
I have a ton of audio cd's. Most of them I have bought on Amazon (other sellers, new or used) I wait until the price is right then I buy.

I did stop in to check out the main branch dt the other day though, and they seem to have a good selection of audiobooks as well as dvds. This made me very, very, happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products