Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:19 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Who cares how many $10.00 jeans Sears or K-Mart doesn't have?
WalMart has plenty of them.
Point missed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:36 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!
I am on a mission to get answers. The freaking jeans are no longer the issue. I want to know why Sears is getting worse by the hour.
Here is the item in question: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041S0131000P?mv=rr[/URL] Yesterday they were $9.99/pair. Today they are $14.99. I added one to my cart and it is showing $29.99 in the item total column!!! W-T-F!!!

[url]http://www.sears.com/shc/s/OrderItemDisplayView?vName=&prCatentryIds=&langId=-1&sName=&isLayaway=false&MiniShopCartFlag=1&cName= &partNumbers=04115914423&orderId=111893121&prOrder ItemIds=&isInstore=N&WcUseHttps=true&productId=910 45536&orderItemQuantity=1.0&oosCatentryIds=&catalo gId=12605&updatePrices=1&storeId=10153&calculation UsageId=-1
Moderator cut: language removed =

You know, I hate Walmart, but at least you know you are going to be treated like garbage when you shop there. Sears is on another level of scuminess.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-29-2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 01:30 AM

436 posts, read 954,578 times
That's what you get for shopping at Sears (or many other big box stores), esp. during the holiday marketing season.

Buyer beware, particularly this time of year. . .

Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
...I hate Walmart, but at least you know you are going to be treated like garbage when you shop there. Sears is on another level of scuminess.
Regardless of where I shop, the procedure is the same.
1. Visually inspect the item.
2. Try it on.
3. Pay for it.

None of this requires much interaction with anyone other than maybe having the clerk unlock the fitting room, and paying at the register.

How does this make you feel like you are being "treated like garbage"?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:09 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
I need to start this rant by saying that my family has been shopping at Sears (not so much Kmart) for many years. My tools are Craftsman and I ride a large Craftsman garden tractor. Hell, two months ago we bought a new Kenmore washer/dryer set. Our son has had three sets of photos done at their portrait studio.

It's all OVER!!!

Here is my story. Yesterday, I did not get up at dawn to go fight in-store crowds. I kept hearing on how certain items will be the same price at online sites. I got up at around 7 or so and went to Sears.com to try and buy some jeans that were on sale for $9.99/pair. When I added them to the cart, it came up with this on the screen; "This item is not available in the Fit/Color/Waist Size/Inseam you have selected."

So I go back to the site today and the same brand, color, etc jeans are now $14.99/pair. For my sanity I added them to the cart to see if they were still "out of stock". NOPE!!! I added them just fine and it took me straight to checkout no problem.

My guess is that they sold ZERO pairs of those jeans for $9.99, in-store or online. They bait and switch. Not ONE person got those jeans on sale. Now here is the kicker. I read online how the front-loading washer/dryer set that was their big doorbuster for $579...many of the stores didn't even have them in stock in the store. When doors opened, people rushed for the washer/dryer set only to be told that they managers of Sears handed out tickets to people (sometimes only 2-3 tickets per store) as early as 2 AM, so if you got there at 4 AM and was first in the line for the washer/dryer...you were SOL!!! I have never seen so much garbage marketing in my life. At least they could have been discreet about it. Now I know why Sears is on their deathbed. I will NEVER spend another dime in Sears or Kmart for the rest of my life. Now I hope my garden tractor dies so I can get the Kubota I want.

BTW...I had no problem shopping online with Target and Amazon yesterday.
And all this time I just thought they were going under because they have crappy clothes!

Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
I need to start this rant by saying that my family has been shopping at Sears (not so much Kmart) for many years. My tools are Craftsman and I ride a large Craftsman garden tractor. Hell, two months ago we bought a new Kenmore washer/dryer set. Our son has had three sets of photos done at their portrait studio.

It's all OVER!!!

Here is my story. Yesterday, I did not get up at dawn to go fight in-store crowds. I kept hearing on how certain items will be the same price at online sites. I got up at around 7 or so and went to Sears.com to try and buy some jeans that were on sale for $9.99/pair. When I added them to the cart, it came up with this on the screen; "This item is not available in the Fit/Color/Waist Size/Inseam you have selected."

So I go back to the site today and the same brand, color, etc jeans are now $14.99/pair. For my sanity I added them to the cart to see if they were still "out of stock". NOPE!!! I added them just fine and it took me straight to checkout no problem.

My guess is that they sold ZERO pairs of those jeans for $9.99, in-store or online. They bait and switch. Not ONE person got those jeans on sale. Now here is the kicker. I read online how the front-loading washer/dryer set that was their big doorbuster for $579...many of the stores didn't even have them in stock in the store. When doors opened, people rushed for the washer/dryer set only to be told that they managers of Sears handed out tickets to people (sometimes only 2-3 tickets per store) as early as 2 AM, so if you got there at 4 AM and was first in the line for the washer/dryer...you were SOL!!! I have never seen so much garbage marketing in my life. At least they could have been discreet about it. Now I know why Sears is on their deathbed. I will NEVER spend another dime in Sears or Kmart for the rest of my life. Now I hope my garden tractor dies so I can get the Kubota I want.

BTW...I had no problem shopping online with Target and Amazon yesterday.
I'm surprised people still go to Sears at all. Seems like they should have gone out of business a long time ago. They've been perpetually out of step with the times for at least 25 years now.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Sears built there reputation with their good warranties. the last few purchases I made at Sears were bad experiences. A vacuum cleaner, was blowing out a white dust, so I returned it. they gave me a hard time from the get go. "Sorry I can't help you. " Many calls to headquarters finally got some results. they wanted to charge me 15 to return the darn thing. I then bought a dive watch, that quit working due in three days due to water from the shower getting in to it. Sears told me, I got it wet, so it was not their fault. I told them "it is a dive watch, it is supposed to get wet" they just looked at me, and gave me the old, "sorry I can't help you". Needless to say my shopping at sears for 50 years, is at an end. they are no difference now days than one of the big box stores, but with less costumer service.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Why Sears/Kmart is a FAILING company
Sears really trashed Kmart into ultra tacky! It's hard to believe that Kmart could go farther downhill, but it did! The soft-lines at Sears were always second rate. Discount stores like Kmart actually sold more stylish stuff. Maybe not better made, but slightly more stylish. Then Sears took over and started dumping all of their crap into the Kmart stores. The few things I bought at each store are gone. Sears discontinued flooring and other big ticket items, and Kmart has reduced it's home fashion area, like towels, to tacky low quality limited selection. The biggest change I saw at Kmart was merchandizing went out the door. They just load pallets into the middle of the isles now. Why can't they realize that Target is doing much better due to trendiness and merchandising? Blows my mind.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Sears built there reputation with their good warranties. the last few purchases I made at Sears were bad experiences. .
That's true! That's one of the main reasons we bought big ticket items at Sears. We haven't bought anything there in probably 8 years for this reason.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
WalMart has plenty of them.
Don't feed that evil machine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products