Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 AM

26 posts, read 170,373 times

Advertisements

I have a very good possibility to take a job at Barksdale AFB. I'm retired military (Air Force), but have never been to the Shreveport-Bossier City area. Any info about suggested places to live, the weather, golf courses nearbye, etc, is most appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,084 times
Barksdale AFB actually has its own golf course on the base. You should be pleased with that! If you want something else, there are many around... Olde Oaks, Stonebridge, Southern Trace, Eastwood, Querbes, and MANY more.

The weather is warm and mild most of the year, and very hot in the Summer. We rarely ever see snow here but we see plenty of rain, especially in the Spring.

There are a lot of good places to live but a lot of major high-crime areas as well. You can generally tell by looking at an area, though, if you'll be safe there or not. The more rundown the neighborhood, the better the chances you will be mugged, carjacked, or shot so steer clear of those areas. We have a really impressive freeway system for an area our size, though, so staying out of the bad areas really isn't hard to do. I live 24 miles from my office and my commute is generally 30 minutes, but sometimes is 45+ minutes if traffic is really bad.

Not to be nosey, but your job possibility wouldn't have anything to do with the Air Force Cyber Command would it?

Good luck and I hope you enjoy living here!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,771 times
Default Moving to Bossier

Ron,
You'll enjoy our area. Bossier City is a great place to live with friendly people, great food and lots of nice places to live. There are several great places to live in the area. As a home inspector I have first hand knowledge of where many of the Barksdale folks live and I'll give you a couple of subdivisions.
Autumn Creek
Lakewood
Greenacres Place
Stonebridge (golf course and subdivision)

Hope you have a great move Moderator cut: no advertising in forums per Terms of Service

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-03-2007 at 03:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City