Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times

Advertisements

There's an international store behind Dacotah Bank on E. 10th!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 04:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,102 times
Hi eveyone !!
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my query.
But just saw so many posts of Inidan friends so thought posting here could be helpful.
Well, I am relocating from Houston to Sioux Falls around July 10th 2016. It would be great If anyone could help me to find an Indian roommate (female) to share an apartment .

You can contact me through email i.e. - kratika.kj@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.
Kratika

Old 06-22-2016, 09:37 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,625,904 times
Someone at the Multicultural Center might be able to give you some good advice about this:

Sioux Falls Multicultural Center
515 N. Main Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
605-367-7401

Old 06-24-2016, 03:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratika View Post
Hi eveyone !!
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my query.
But just saw so many posts of Inidan friends so thought posting here could be helpful.
Well, I am relocating from Houston to Sioux Falls around July 10th 2016. It would be great If anyone could help me to find an Indian roommate (female) to share an apartment .

You can contact me through email i.e. - kratika.kj@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.
Kratika
You could probably put an ad on Craigslist. Best wishes. I hope you like Sioux Falls. It has a lot to offer. Just give it some time and get involved. There's millions of things going on. Use some of the Twitter feeds, etc. or Keloland.com to get a feel of the news, etc.

I retired from 35 years in CA (although I grew up in South Dakota) and moved here last Nov. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. I'd be glad to help.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 PM

168 posts, read 256,947 times
As someone else mentioned check out Than Mai. They have a huge variety of products jammed into a small store. They do have some products more specific to Indian cooking but they have everything from Chinese specialties, Japanese, Tai, Vietnamese and some Mexican food products. What you can't find there you may find at Mekong down the road. Most of their selection is Asian but they do tend to diversify into more products.

If you can buy some things in bulk there is a Costco in Sioux Falls. They have some good deals and they tend to circulate more diverse stock. You can usually find mango and papaya in the produce section. They have jasmine rice that is good. You have to catch it when they stock it but the bags are huge. I sometimes find lentils at Costco. They currently have organic coconut milk in cans for a good price. They usually carry dried mango and coconut in the dry goods section.
Dairy things I buy at Costco or Hyvee depending on how much I need.

The Hyvee on Minnesota avenue has the best variety of ethnic food ingredients for a mainstream grocery store chain here. The store layout is crazy and makes no sense but they have store staff walking around that know where things are located. This is where I usually buy lentils, beans, small amounts of things. Their spice selection leaves something to be desired.

The Coop on Minnesota avenue is smaller and easy to get in and out if you need a few things. They also have a bulk food section of flours, beans and other dried things. They carry local chicken and some other meats that are mostly organic or ethically raised. The chicken we have purchased there is very good.

The Multicultural center may know of some other small stores in town. There are a couple other small grocery stores that focus on various regions of the world. So they may know of one I am not familiar with or haven't found yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls