Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,340 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if there is anyone reading this forum who has moved from Des Moines to Sioux Falls. My wife & I presently reside in the Des Moines area. We enjoy it here overall and are pretty well establised. However, we may be open to a new adventure someday.

We stayed in Sioux Falls last year overnight while enroute to the Black Hills. The main areas we saw were Falls Park and downtown. We liked the areas we saw and the people we spoke with. From everything I hear and read, Sioux Falls is defintely an up and coming area.

We have no real plans to relocate but we think that if a great job opportunity arose in Sioux Falls, it may warrant consideration. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has about Sioux Falls, especially if someone can compare Sioux Falls to Des Moines, pros and cons between the two areas. Thanks in advance for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM

993 posts, read 1,772,588 times
My sister moved from Sioux Falls to Des Moines and likes Des Moines more. Sioux Falls is nice, but I too enjoy Des Moines more. Sioux Falls is definitely growing, but Des Moines has quite a bit more to offer. Don't get me wrong, Sioux Falls is a nice place, but so is Des Moines. I don't know what exactly you are looking for in a place, but I think Des Moines would probably offer more of it.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM

What I'm mainly trying to find opinions and info on is the quality of life in Sioux Falls. Would Sioux Falls be Ok to relocate to if a job promotion and raise were offered? My wife & I are fine with a metro area smaller than Des Moines. We like areas with lower crime rates and less congestion, but still offering most amenities that a city offers (e.g variety of restaurants, shopping, some cultural and sporting events, etc).

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 PM

993 posts, read 1,772,588 times
Hmmm, both areas have a pretty decent quality of life. Des Moines definitely has a higher crime rate, but at the same time it does have a lot more of the stuff you listed. I have never actually lived in either city, but I have spent a lot of time in both. I'm sure someone that's lived in Sioux Falls might be able to help you more, or you could post this same thread in the Des Moines forum too. I'm sure many of them have been to Sioux Falls and can give you a better comparison.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Thanks, RC01. I will open this up to anyone who has info & opinions re: living in Sioux Falls. I appreciate all responses.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,573,944 times
It might save you some money in taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: