Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 12:06 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,112,327 times

Advertisements

I am coming into the area with my family for consultation with a doctor at Sanford Clinic Molecular Imaging on Grange Avenue. Does anyone know of any hotels in the area that offer reduced rates (hospital rates) for patients? I have called a few, but not knowing the area, I don't know where to avoid, and where it's okay to stay.

Also, since we are deprived of such things here in the western part of the state, I was wondering if there are any pumpkin farms with family activities in or around the area? Something with a pick-your-own pumpkin kind of deal... Anyway, thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 07:40 PM

32 posts, read 61,529 times
Check & see if there is a Holiday Inn Express nearby, they had a rate for patients when I was in the Avera Heart Hospital. They had a free shuttle too.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM

188 posts, read 939,020 times
The closest hotel to Sanford is the "Valley Inn" at the corner of 18th and Grange.
The Valley Inn is the only one I know of that has special hospital rates with a discount, there are probably others and you can also read the reviews on several different websites.
Did you try to call the hospital and ask? They should be able to recommend one to you.

If you google "Pumpkin farm sioux falls sd" there's several that will come up.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,256,600 times
I'd call the hospital admitting office. When I was in the Casper hospital overnight last year, they had the rates of all the nearby hotels for my wife and were able to tell her which were closest, which would take a pet, etc.

Now for a hint: Take an expired credit card and when it doesn't work, cry. My wife had misplaced her Discover Card a couple years ago and had it replaced, then found it and put it in her desk drawer next to the new one. When we headed off to Casper she grabbed it, thinking both were the same. (They both had the same number.) But when she went to use it at the hotel it was refused. She had like $45 cash on her, and the room was $90 or so. So she's standing there, tears running down her cheeks, husband in the hospital, nowhere to sleep except the car, and it's 10 degrees out. They gave her the room for $35! I had cash and debit cards in my wallet, which she had in her purse, but she didn't think about that.

We both stayed there the next night for ~$90 -- figured they deserved at least one night from us at full rate.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:58 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,112,327 times
Thanks for the info...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: