Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times

Advertisements

I drove by about a week or two ago near the Dawley Farm site. There is a lot of dirt moved already. I seen walls coming up on one store, most likely Target. There is a Kohl's and Famous Footwear coming in and they have made formal announcements in the past few months of coming to Dawley Farm. These would be second locations for the stores in Sioux Falls. A bank is going into the area also. There is still talk of a movie theater coming up in the development. Best Buy was looking into the site, but it looks like they are on hold for the time being.

There are some stores and restuarants I would like to see, but some of that will come later when the national economy recovers. But considering the stormy retail environment as of recently, Dawley Farm has made some very good progress as of lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 PM

106 posts, read 344,226 times
Yeah, I drove down Highway 100 (11) too and seeing the walls of the Target go up make me very anxious for the whole development to start. I was hoping to see something else besides Best Buy go in, something like HHGregg or another electronics store. I would have also liked to see a Dick's Sporting Goods go in, but I guess we will have to wait for that. The street signals are up for Highway 100 & 18th Street, and you can see where the road and the round a bout are because they have cleared out the dirt.

I hope that since it seems the Galleria At Riversbend is kind of abandoned because the developer's haven't been doing anything on that, It would be nice to see the developers at Dawley Farm put a new outdoor Town Center Mall just south of the Target and stuff, something similar to Shadow Lake in Omaha. They already have the large big box stores planned, now all they need are the mall type stores.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM

There is supposed to be some smaller shops in addition to the 6-10 big box tenants, the mall-type stores. Once the other developers see the success of Dawley Farm within the next few years, there may one or a few more shopping centers that may pop up that would provide additional options.

I would like to see a Dick's Sporting Goods or Sports Authority along with another JC Penney in the east side. I like Lowes and would like to see them set up shop there along with a host of restaurants. I would like to see RedRobin, On the Border, Bob Evans, Steak N Shake, and GoodTimes (a burger chain based in Colorado) locate in the area. There are a few that are definitely wish list items, but it does not hurt. It will be interesting to see what else comes up in the area.

Last edited by Chris19; 02-15-2009 at 01:21 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 02:39 PM

106 posts, read 344,226 times
I am guessing that this development will be like the Lakeport Commons in Sioux City. In fact I am almost thinking that this will be almost a mimick of it.

I do see a Red Robin in Sioux Falls, and I bet that if they do end up putting a Red Robin here, it will be over on the east side.

Good Times is planning on putting 5+ restaurants in Sioux Falls, and so I'm wondering if Dawley Farm might be one of them. I will try to find the news story about Good Times.

On the Border is absolutely amazing for a chain mexican restaurant. Went to one in Indy and it was really good, and their chips and salsa are great. We probably wont see a Dicks Sporting Goods or JC Penney in Dawley Farm because Dawley is more of a Big-Box strip mall, however Dicks Sporting goods aren't always in mall type developments. There is a Dick's Sporting Goods in Avon, Indiana that is in a "Big-Box" strip mall, so I guess I wouldn't rule them out.

If the Galleria would have gotten going, you probably would have seen a Cheesecake Factory put there, but what would be neat is if they put a Cheesecake Factory Downtown Sioux Falls in a new development if someone developed down there. But I doubt that will happen.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:48 PM

JC Penney has been locating in lifestyle centers similar to Dawley Farm and the proposed Galleria developments. I see two instances of this. One is a JC Penney in Shadow Lake and the other is in a like development in Colorado Springs along Powers Blvd., which I have been to a few times in past two years when visiting relatives there. JC Penney is anymore a competitor of Kohl's and will have to go where the customers shop, which is now more of the lifestyle centers. A number of the conventional malls are dying or being reinvented to include entertainment, etc.

I have been to a GoodTimes in Colorado Springs in the same development as the Penney's along Powers Blvd. and the food is decent for fast food place and it was a nice atmosphere. Their custard was good, but not quite like Culver's.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:19 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Good Times has really good burgers! I haven't had one for a long time but it sure would hit the spot. I wonder if Sioux Falls will ever get a Chick-Fil-A or if they usually stay out West. I don't remember ever seeing one in Minneapolis or Omaha but they're all over in Colorado, Utah, and California. Does Sioux Falls have a Popeye's? I've seen a couple in Omaha too.

All this fast food talk is making me hungry... and guilty because I should avoid fast food!

Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM

509 posts, read 1,349,272 times
There was a Chick-Fil-A in Mankato, Minnesota at the university but I'm not sure if there is one in Minneapolis, I used to eat there all the time for lunch at the student union, I loved their Chicken Nuggets.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:43 PM

No Chick Fil-A nor Popeye's in Sioux Falls. I would like to see either one or both in Sioux Falls. Quite honestly, I like Popeye's better and have been to one in Omaha and had chicken from a Popeye's in Batesville, Mississippi. Popeye's is pretty common in the South along with Church's Chicken. I had food from a Chick Fil-A in Colorado Springs and was not overly impressed with it. I may try it again but somewhere else.

It would be nice to get stuff that Sioux Falls does not have in Dawley Farm or areas nearby.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:01 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
The Chick-Fil-A in Loveland, CO was really good. For a small town Loveland has a lot of really good shopping and dining options. I don't think I've ever been to a Popeye's or a Church's but my cousin owns a chain of them in Missouri. I really want a Buffalo Wild Wings. Buffalo Wingsn' Rings is pretty good though. The best wings I ever had were at Jake's City Grille in Plymouth, MN.

YUM!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:02 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,407,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
I drove by about a week or two ago near the Dawley Farm site. There is a lot of dirt moved already. I seen walls coming up on one store, most likely Target. There is a Kohl's and Famous Footwear coming in and they have made formal announcements in the past few months of coming to Dawley Farm. These would be second locations for the stores in Sioux Falls. A bank is going into the area also. There is still talk of a movie theater coming up in the development. Best Buy was looking into the site, but it looks like they are on hold for the time being.

There are some stores and restuarants I would like to see, but some of that will come later when the national economy recovers. But considering the stormy retail environment as of recently, Dawley Farm has made some very good progress as of lately.
Chris, I just drove by there today... I went to the eastside Walmart for a few groceries... I'm more than willing to drive the distance to a less busy store. 41st Street was in a complete gridlock on Saturday... UGH I hate crowds...
It's crazy how much the landscape just east of Walmart/Menards has changed! There's dirt dug up everywhere and I saw the walls you were talking about. I was kinda surprised it'd start this soon...
It will be good for that side of town though. When I venture over there, I see a lot of Minnesota and Iowa license plates... Any development on the east side, will help with the hated congestions on the west side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls