Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 AM

53 posts, read 93,070 times

Advertisements

Well to be fair there are parts of America that white people cannot set foot in. Within an hour they would be beat up, robbed or killed. Thats the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCroat View Post
Well to be fair there are parts of America that white people cannot set foot in. Within an hour they would be beat up, robbed or killed. Thats the truth.
Yes but not in tourist places. The big problem with Poland and the Ukraine is that all this is happening were there will be tourist. Its not like that in America. I have never once seen any tuorist being racially abused or beaten up in Midtown Manhattan.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 AM

175 posts, read 202,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
On the subject of football and trouble in Poland...is this photo for real?

polish away stand - Google Search

Looks like a 1980s English away end gone mad. Who are those supporters being protected from?

I disagree with your distinction between national and local fans.
In my English experience the good national fans were always outnumbered by the worst of fans from each club.
Maybe it is different in Poland.
Ha ha! Seen that pic before, gotta be worrying as an away fan when your greeted by that cage!

I kind of agree with YAC on this one, when i first saw the panorama show i thought jesus christ! They are all nutters. But thats the type of knee jerk reaction i think the BBC were after. I do think they have a fairly big problem out there but we were the same in 80's, 70's Hence why our travelling fans are always targeted by other's because of our past.
The journalism was quite selective really, they only really went to big deerby games which normally bring out the hoolies and idiots.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycee View Post
Ha ha! Seen that pic before, gotta be worrying as an away fan when your greeted by that cage!

I kind of agree with YAC on this one, when i first saw the panorama show i thought jesus christ! They are all nutters. But thats the type of knee jerk reaction i think the BBC were after. I do think they have a fairly big problem out there but we were the same in 80's, 70's Hence why our travelling fans are always targeted by other's because of our past.
The journalism was quite selective really, they only really went to big deerby games which normally bring out the hoolies and idiots.
The BBC wasn't the first to report this story, there are other links on this thread from before their programme was shown. I didn't just post the Panorama programme in my OP to make a fuss, i did do some research into it too.

The story is hotly refuted by both the Ukraine and Poland. The Ukraines say that it was a "Mythical problem" and the Polish Prime Minister said "Nobody who comes to Poland will be in any danger because of his race. This is not our custom, as is not pointing out similar incidents in other countries, although we know they take place. In Poland, they're a rarity", which at least means they acknowledge the issue and that alone is promising with regards to safety.

This is a year old story on the "Mythical Problem" that the Ukraine Government says doesn't exist.
Fascist fans fuel fears for Ukraine

The problem does, from what i've seen and read, seem mostly a Ukranian one with the politicians there seeming to be in denial whereas the Polish viewpoint seems more that there is a small minority like this but the numbers can be controlled during the European Championship and it wont affect peoples enjoyment or safety.

Below are articles with the Ukranian and Polish reactions to the story:

Foreign fans will be safe at Euro 2012, insist angry hosts | Metro.co.uk
Euro 2012: Poland and Ukraine hit back at racism accusations | Football | guardian.co.uk

Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
To be honest I hope the Russia, Croatia, Italy, Germany, Greece, England and Netherlands hooligans wipe these idiotic "hooligans" off the map, I hate hooliganism but these Poles and Ukrainians take the biscuit for just being dumb and I hope the rest off Europes hooligans show them up in their own country. And if anyone thinks this tournament is gonna pass of peacefully with hooligans from Poland, Ukraine, Croatia, Russia, Italy, Greece, Germany, England and the Netherlands in countries where the local hooligans will be baying for blood, then you are delusional. This tournament is gonna be one big f*** up and it is the fault of UEFA for being stupid enough to let these countries host.
Please clarify your comments. English hooligans attacked North African men in Germany in '06, Croatian fans have formed human swastikas in the stands, Italians have been known to throw bananas at black players.

How are these hooligans any different? They're all stupid idiots.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
There is no difference I just have a particular dislike for Polish hooligans TBH, they wrecked my city and assaulted women and children so I am entitled to hope for a little bit of revenge. And yes all hooligans are bad, and yes a lot of them are racists or bigots but the poles are even more racist and bigoted. People on this forum are saying "oh there not that bad" get real they are the most active and violent hooligans in Europe if not the world. That is all the clarity you will get from me, I dislike them.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 AM

130 posts, read 240,817 times
English supports wrote the book on racist, hooligan culture and are now holier the Jesus and are gonna tell the barbarian Poles and Ukrainians how terrible they are? What you have are stupid kids imitating what was going on in England for 30-40 years. Pot calling the kettle black, yes sir...

Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 AM

Yep and the English cleaned up there game, the Poles need to do the same.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:11 AM

130 posts, read 240,817 times
Ya right, go tell that to John Terry. Englands captain, representing the sporting country on the pitch was striped of captains arm band for talking racist crap to Ferdinand in the Premiership THIS season, way to set the example for the young lads of the country. Capelo had enough of it and quit rather then deal with this scumbag.

That's an odd way to clean up your game.

So its the Poles and Ukrainians that are racist looking to murder and maim blacks and asians when they step onto there soil?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 AM

Oh god is that your reply? One racist comment and the English game is f****d?

And who is looking to murder and maim blacks and asians when they step onto there soil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer