Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,949 times

Advertisements

Yes he does look like a real deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 06:18 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
4 hours have gone from the final whistle and no one here (looking at you John) mentioned nothing about Torres goal (from offside).
If it was Man Utd I can only imagine the acusations of Howard and FA helping them win the titles.
4 hours after the final whistle I was in bed. We are 5 hours ahead of you guys.

It was a very lucky decision. They get them to. Chelsea always get the offside decision. It was a joke.

Hazard does look class. I said it before, that I think he is the best young thing in Europe. He is better then the likes of Neymar and Lucas. What a player.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Yeah, Torres was well off-side. It was laughable that the assistant ref didn't make the call. It was blatant how far offside he was. Completely changed the course of the game. Probably would have ended in a tie if it was correctly called.

There, of course, is the chance that Chelsea would have scored again given the time left, but it's possible the game would have ended 2-2.

That last goal was also a fluke, and I feel sorry for Reading. They played well and deserved the point. The score definitely doesn't reflect the game.

Hazard is truely class. Amazing to watch him. Quite jealous that he's playing for Chelsea and not us. Amazing talent!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Yeah, Torres was well off-side. It was laughable that the assistant ref didn't make the call. It was blatant how far offside he was. Completely changed the course of the game. Probably would have ended in a tie if it was correctly called.

There, of course, is the chance that Chelsea would have scored again given the time left, but it's possible the game would have ended 2-2.

That last goal was also a fluke, and I feel sorry for Reading. They played well and deserved the point. The score definitely doesn't reflect the game.

Hazard is truely class. Amazing to watch him. Quite jealous that he's playing for Chelsea and not us. Amazing talent!

Reading brought it yesterday. Chelsea seemed almost in slow motion after dominating possession for the first 20-25 minutes. I agree Torres was offside, but when you're that close to the box, being barely a step ahead did not give him a big advantage if it were father out and he would have been able to have a good jump on a run. Besides, the Reading players did not seem that worked up about it.

Both Reading and Southampton have impressed thus far.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,788,079 times
Reading has been impressive as has Hazard. What i like about him is that he is great at dribbling in the box, brings defenders towards him and then opens space for the strikers...that makes him very dangerous

Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,303 times
Allen is looking like a very good signing. Looking forward to watching him play. Sahin is on his way to. Good midfield of Lucas, Allen, Sahin and Gerrard. Could be a 4-3-3 with Gerrard on the right.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Looks like RVP will be handed his first start this weekend. Also Buttner should make the bench. Hopefully he'll force Evra to wake up. He's been WAY too complacent at LB for years now. Never been anyone to challenge for his position. Not saying that this kid is going to be good or not, but hopefully he'll provide more of a push than Fabio did.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,876 times
They didn't exactly face top competition, but with two blowouts to start the year, can Swansea make it to Europa League?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,274 times
Man, Eden Hazard sure did well again against Newcastle. Hope he will take this form to our national team as well.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 AM

I was able to catch 2 games on TV on Saturday...the Swansea game and the Man Utd game. Swansea were an absoulte joy to watch. Such fluid passing. Great ball control. I've been a fan since last year when they came up, but they're playing even better now...and without Sinclair (who I think is making a mistake going to Man City where he probably won't even make the bench).

The United game was ok...too close for comfort. I am beyond sick of Anderson. I can't stand him. He wastes passes and loses the ball way too much. He's useless. Plus, that hairstyle...who does he think he is? Mario?

Kagawa has been pretty good...RVP has been ok. The Rooney injury looked bad, and they're saying he could be out for 2 months...that will hurt!

I can't wait until we actually get some defenders back, so Carrick can play in midfield again. And Rafael was awful in that game as well. He scored...but he was awful on defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer