Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
South American talent has slowly been migrating to MLS. A fairly large population of MLS players are from South America and better and better players are coming up here to play because the MLS is far more stable than a lot of the South American leagues.

You are also a fool if you think you can speak for every great player that will ever play the game. Not everyone wants the same things in life.
Yes and then they will get an offer from a top European team and be on their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Wayne Rooney is only 26 and there are rumors he could be headed to MLS as soon as next season. He's even hinted at it.
Eh was that a joke? Is this the same Wayne Rooney who said he wants to stay at Man Utd forever?

Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Wayne Rooney is only 26 and there are rumors he could be headed to MLS as soon as next season. He's even hinted at it.
I suppose the underlying assumption is that Rooney is world class.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
Rooney is world class, if you think different you don't know football. 254 games for Man United and 129 goals in the best league on earth. And Rooney going to MLS next season?? And you say and I am the fool!? Dream on, you MIGHT get him at 35 if you are lucky.

'World-class' Rooney must be stopped, says Pique - The National
Roy Hodgson admits Wayne Rooney is England’s ‘world-class’ player | The Sun |Sport|Football
Manchester United news: Alan Shearer hails Wayne Rooney as one of Europe's best | Give Me Football

Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Rooney is world class, if you think different you don't know football. 254 games for Man United and 129 goals in the best league on earth.

Roy Hodgson admits Wayne Rooney is England’s ‘world-class’ player | The Sun |Sport|Football
Manchester United news: Alan Shearer hails Wayne Rooney as one of Europe's best | Give Me Football
I do think differently. There are atleast half dozen strikers in the world who are clearly better than him, e.g Messi, Van Persie, Aguero, Torres, D. Villa, Ronaldo, Neymar.

Mate, that's called pre-game fluff ... Do you remember the outcome of that game or have you erased it from your memory?
BBC Sport - Barcelona 3-1 Man Utd

Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
You really dont get how football works. Yes I can say that every good player woul d pick Barca over any MLS team. You keep talking about being foolish when the truth is that you are the one being a fool. You really do have this USA is the best thing going for you.
Yes, I understand how football works. What you do not seem to understand is how people work. You seem to think that every human being on this planet thinks the same way and has the same desires. Are players going to pick a chance to go to Barcelona over an MLS side? Absolutely, they would be foolish not too. However, you have being saying Europe and now your simply picking perhaps the greatest side in the whole sport. You cant keep cutting off the top to prove your point. Either you are talking about the cream of the crop teams or you are talking about all of Europe, which is it?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Eh was that a joke? Is this the same Wayne Rooney who said he wants to stay at Man Utd forever?
Nope, the rumors have been floating around since last summer and Rooney made some thinly-vieled comments hinting at interest. Not saying it is going to happen but Beckham might be done after this season and LA is going to be looking for someone to take his spot. Beckham's contract allowed for up to 50 million in compensation per year. You think that isnt going to get someone's attention?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
I do think differently. There are atleast half dozen strikers in the world who are clearly better than him, e.g Messi, Van Persie, Aguero, Torres, D. Villa, Ronaldo, Neymar.

Mate, that's called pre-game fluff ... Do you remember the outcome of that game or have you erased it from your memory?
BBC Sport - Barcelona 3-1 Man Utd
Considering the number of players in this world, I would say someone who is the 13th best striker in the world is certainly world class.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yes and then they will get an offer from a top European team and be on their way.
That's weird because Freddy Montero turned down offers to go to Europe and stayed in Seattle. Roger Espinoza had offers from 8 different teams in 6 different countries including the EPL during the last transfer window and was quoted as saying the following: "I'm happy here, my family is close here, and I grew up in the United States."

This is exactly what I am saying about people having different needs and wants. He also said, "Money is nice but it isnt the only thing."

Kinda throws your whole theory out of whack, doesnt it?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, I understand how football works. What you do not seem to understand is how people work. You seem to think that every human being on this planet thinks the same way and has the same desires. Are players going to pick a chance to go to Barcelona over an MLS side? Absolutely, they would be foolish not too. However, you have being saying Europe and now your simply picking perhaps the greatest side in the whole sport. You cant keep cutting off the top to prove your point. Either you are talking about the cream of the crop teams or you are talking about all of Europe, which is it?
No you dont get it. Every top class player wants to play in the biggest and best competition which the the European Cup. Get over it. Europe is and always will be a great footballers destination over the MLS.

I am not talking about just Barcelona. Ok, I am talking about the 32 teams in the Champions League and then the likes of Liverpool, Newcastle, Inter Milan, Tottenham, Everton and teams that dont make it into the Champions League. An average team in Europe would be champions in the MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer