Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:34 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Futbol matches, for the most part, can be watched in a 2-hour time slot. Gridiron and baseball are indeterminate and go on hour after hour. Compare programming your video recorder to tape futbol, gridiron, and baseball.

Futbol: 2 hours (high quality, no threat of missing anything interesting)
Gridiron: 4 hours (low quality, threat of missing the ending)
Baseball: 5-6 hours (lowest quality, miss the the final extra inning with the bases-loaded grand slam)
Those are taping times, see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
I watched the Spurs game, total length of game including half time break injury time:- 1hr 49mns.
There's a lot of Gridiron shown on Sky tv every week, I try to watch but the games just go on & on & on........

Old 11-10-2009, 04:57 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I watched the Spurs game, total length of game including half time break injury time:- 1hr 49mns.
There's a lot of Gridiron shown on Sky tv every week, I try to watch but the games just go on & on & on........
Can't pay attention for another hour?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
I thought a gridiron game was supposed last for 60 minutes not three hours or more.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I thought a gridiron game was supposed last for 60 minutes not three hours or more.
Well....when they break for commercials every 5 minutes, it drags out to 3 hours and 15 minutes for NFL games. Sometimes around 4 hours for college games.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Can't pay attention for another hour?
American Football games start at noon here in the midwest on Sundays. The second round of games start at 330 pm. I have never seen so much as a half hour break between the two broadcasts. I have seen in many times where you have to miss the first few minutes of the 2nd game waiting for the noon game to conclude.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:28 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
American Football games start at noon here in the midwest on Sundays. The second round of games start at 330 pm. I have never seen so much as a half hour break between the two broadcasts. I have seen in many times where you have to miss the first few minutes of the 2nd game waiting for the noon game to conclude.
Likewise. It's also a joke that CBS claims 60 minutes is supposed to start at 7/6c. I've never seen that happen.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 AM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthegreen View Post
And the non-stop action is one of the biggest selling points with me. I can settle in for 45+ minutes of non-stop action without being interrupted every couple minutes by long commercial breaks, timeouts, etc. Honestly, the more I have gotten into soccer the less I care about the other sports, and I'm at the point where I only care about the Sounders and the U.S. national team. That's it.

Growing up, I played soccer as a child but soon moved over to baseball, football, etc like everyone else. I loved all those sports for the longest time. After I served some time in England with the military, I have been a diehard soccer fan. I find myself only watching my Cowboys, Texas college football teams, and sometimes the Texas Rangers. Other than that, I'm always watching soccer. I have a hard time watching the MLS however. I love the EPL, the flow of the game is just far superior. I also keep up with the USMNT and go to FC Dallas games. I plan on checking out the local high school games next year.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM

42 posts, read 121,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoT View Post
Growing up, I played soccer as a child but soon moved over to baseball, football, etc like everyone else. I loved all those sports for the longest time. After I served some time in England with the military, I have been a diehard soccer fan. I find myself only watching my Cowboys, Texas college football teams, and sometimes the Texas Rangers. Other than that, I'm always watching soccer. I have a hard time watching the MLS however. I love the EPL, the flow of the game is just far superior. I also keep up with the USMNT and go to FC Dallas games. I plan on checking out the local high school games next year.
As an Argentine native I have snubbed the MLS until a few years ago then I realized that the MLS is growing up. I have thrown my support behind RSL because they play Argentine-style soccer and they are a blast to watch. While I agree that the EPL is vastly superior in quality, the MLS is growing in quality by leaps and bounds every season.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:36 AM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poqui View Post
As an Argentine native I have snubbed the MLS until a few years ago then I realized that the MLS is growing up. I have thrown my support behind RSL because they play Argentine-style soccer and they are a blast to watch. While I agree that the EPL is vastly superior in quality, the MLS is growing in quality by leaps and bounds every season.
Yeah, I really would like to see the MLS match or at least get close to the same quality. Would be great to watch in the States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer