Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,947,764 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious, I live here in the Asheville area but I am employed by a company out of FL. So my wages are the same as the folks who work in the FL offices, the TX offices, etc.

My question is, does anyone know what jobs like Asst Project Managers, Project Managers, and estimators make in this area (working for a local company)? I have heard that Superintendents and PM's make in the mid to high 30k's (to start) and go into the $50k's if they have a lot of experience. A chief estimator might make $75k or $80k from what I hear (in the Asheville / Greenville areas). In FL, Asst PM's and PM's make in the $50k's (to start) and go up to the low $100k's...

Anyone know what those folks make who live in the AVL / Greenville area? I'm trying to decide if after our project is over, if I should stay in Asheville / Greenville or move to Charlotte or Raleigh area, etc. It's hard for me to justify making $25k - $30k a yr less for doing the same thing even though I like Asheville and Greenville areas a lot! As far as what I've observed, on my FL salary, I make about 15k more for (doing the same job) as those working in the Asheville area currently are. Thanks! And as experience increases, the pay in larger cities (Raleigh, Charlotte, Orlando, etc) are at least 1/3 higher than that of Asheville and Greenville. we really like Asheville and Greenville areas, I'm just concerned that I may always be making a lot less here than I would if I transfered back to one of our FL offices. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,199 times
For what it is worth, I don't know how accurate this site is, but according to Salary.com there is little difference between the salary range for a project manager in Greenville (Asheville was not an option), Raleigh, Charlotte and Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina